What country has the best system for developing promising youth players?

What country has the best system for developing promising youth players?

• A) England

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • B) Spain

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • C) Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D) Germany

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • F) Argentina

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • G) Brazil

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • E) France

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • H) Some other country

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

[FCB]Messi[10

So what I want to know, is what do the members here in the Barca Forum think which country has the best system for developing promising youth players?

So please pick from one of the options, and atleast one reason why and name some players if you want.

Last edited:

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
it is still a very open ended question because brazil does tend to be the biggest exporter to talent in terms of technical attributes and flair.

argentines combine technical ability with discipline.

english combine athletic ability with grit.

spanish combine technical ability with teamwork.

italians combine technical ability with tactical.

it is a ridiculous question

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Hey??? where's holland? in some other country? wtf?? do you know that there are many good players come from eredivisie? technically and also tactically?

AdnanMessi

I am not a crook
I would say as a national team it is Austria or Switzerland.

But national leagues, it would be Germany

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
I choose my country, Portugal. Not all the clubs, but specially two of them, have the best system for young players development: Sporting Portugal and FC Porto. Some of these players:

Futre, Figo, CR (these two guys, even if we don't agree witj them), Quaresma, Simão, Bruno Alves, Fernando Couto, Baía (former goalkeeper of barça), Nani (Man Utd), Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Tiago, Rui Costa, Deco (brazilian from birth, but his development always in Portugal) and many others...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think some of the guys missed out the word "system". It's not about from which country has the most talented youngsters.
I´d say that both Holland and France have good infrastructure and football schools and are giving the youngsters important roles in their clubs.. Argentina and Brazil are just about talent imo. Far away from having a system.

Beast

The Observer
Damn i missed that too thanks for the explanation Bojan , i voted Brazil but since it's the system i would definitely vote for France .
It's a system not a club youth policy , the Clarie Fontaine academy are the best in the world and responsible for developing plenty of players from a young age .
they take the player , assess him physically and mentally give him the required training his body and skills need and also help his studies
the players are picked from the age of 13 to 15 , clubs follow the young players and buy them afterwards.
Among the known names as graduates are Henry,Gallas,Anelka,Ben Arfa,Abou Diaby , Obertan,Meghani,Saha,Bassong..etc

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Gotta agree with France, they don't have the most talented youngsters(I think Argentina just shade Brazil in that department) but they develop them the best. Though they pillage half of them from Africa by the looks of it.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Well I keep my opinion: Portugal have the best school of formation of young players. But with more propertie, I say that Sporting Portugal have one of the three best school of formation in Europe. The others are la Masia (of course) and Ajax school. But Portugal, in global by countrie, have the best system.

Home of Barca Fans