What country has the best system for developing promising youth players?

What country has the best system for developing promising youth players?

• A) England

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • B) Spain

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • C) Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D) Germany

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • F) Argentina

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • G) Brazil

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • E) France

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • H) Some other country

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
S

Super Pippo

Could well be better Gio, I must say until now I did not know of this facility. Just based on what I have avtually seen myself, the Amsterdam system was hugely impressive.

One thing that really makes me think they must be doing it right is the small size of the population and league in the Netherlands, yet they continue to produce many world class players.

But I think by your descriptions of the French system, it to is a coaching/training centred system, not competitive. So it just reinforces my opinion that a system like Italia, that is centred around a competitive Primavera league, isn't the best solution.

Beast

The Observer
Could well be better Gio, I must say until now I did not know of this facility. Just based on what I have avtually seen myself, the Amsterdam system was hugely impressive.

One thing that really makes me think they must be doing it right is the small size of the population and league in the Netherlands, yet they continue to produce many world class players.

But I think by your descriptions of the French system, it to is a coaching/training centred system, not competitive. So it just reinforces my opinion that a system like Italia, that is centred around a competitive Primavera league, isn't the best solution.

well tbh Holland is yet to produce a world class player since Dennis . the rest are quite good but it's been quite a few years since Ajax produced a wc youth since Sneijder & VDV(very good -good not wc ) even the likes of Huntelaar came from another team.

The Clairefontaine or Centre Technique National is all about taking 13-15 year old promising kids(sometimes from the streets) , teaching them how to use their skills to the maximum , be better footballers and than letting them go to continue their development in professional clubs . most French club follow up the academy graduates and snatch them as soon as they reach 15 .. of course not everyone goes on to be a Henry or Anelka but they are technically superior even if some of them hurt themselves by their attitude (like Ben Arfa who is IMO more gifted than the likes of Benzema )
sadly Clairefontaine take only the greater Parisian region not the entire country which is the only downfall
you will be impressed by the facility (second to none ) and the equipments /arrangements available it is used by the French national team for preparation as well

Italia youth setup is a shame , lets not get into this .. it's becoming a habit to have Italian players as late boomer's although there is some good signs but till they be regulars for club in country won't happen till their mid 20's

V

Valon

France. Their schools are simply superior to other countries. Plus they seem to always produce world class of certain type of players: for example almost all WC defensive midfielders come from France.

Evil

Shabazz
Bringing or finding promising youth players: Brazil & Argentina hands down.

Developing them: Probably Spain and France

M

Mancs4life

ENGLAND all the way... VIVA England.

Long live the queen!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Holland as Catalunya doesn't count. Where do they get the players from acountry with half of it basically underwater with a population of just 14 million people ?

TheMessiShow

I voted Spain because they have had a constant flow of successful effective players who have fairly good runs. They are also better suited to this new term of football sustainability (more so than England and Italy, probably less so than smaller countries). I will be honest that my decision is biased.
France has stepped up their football system in the last few decades and have created quality youngsters. As many of you have stated, their football academies have great programs and bring out the natural talent and help to build a more complete player.
England and Italy have both started academies to match that of the prestigious Clairefontaine.
As another person said, I think Germany must be noted as well since their great youth successes in the past few years.

Home of Barca Fans