24 - Thomas Vermaelen

xXKonan

[tw]915655540994396161[/tw]

MD saying if things continue the way they have been. Verm will likely push for a move in January as he's afraid of losing his spot in the Belgium squad. He hopes his time during International break can help convince Valverde that he deserves to play.

Personally I think he's gone in January, It's pretty clear unless one of Pique-Umtiti and Masche are injured he won't play or make the bench at all.

Nothanks

What the hell was the point of keeping him over Marlon?

our fourth CB will barely get minutes this season, marlon should get more minutes than vermaelen so thats why he's loaned
we lose value in vermalen but he was already leaving for almost nothing anyways

FCBfan22

I hope they keep him wrapped in bubble wrap and with a helmet on his head before we can sell him. Maybe we can include him in the Coutinho deal, since he can't be worse than Lovren.

khaled_a_d

What the hell was the point of keeping him over Marlon?

Few theories
1- EV didn't like Marlon so the board prefered to loan him to a team where he can develop
2- EV liked Marlon but felt he isn't gonna use him
3- They believed they will get Coutinho and needed to clear a non-eu spot, since the whole thing about Suarez not counted is probably media bs

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I watched the whole game. The pitch was a mud pit so most of the situations in the box were pretty unpredictable and random. Game as a whole was crazy anyway.
Vermaelen was okay I guess, especially considering the circumstances. Better than Verthongen who should have been sent off and made a horrible mistake before the 1:2 and on a level with Alderweireld. But Verm should have scored a tap-in in the 1st half.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans