24 - Thomas Vermaelen

FlyLo

Yes another topic about a Belgian from me :).
But only because he's having a CRAZY debut season for Arsenal so far.
For those that don't know him: he's a leftfooted central defender and played at Ajax before moving to Arsenal in the summer for 10m.
So far, he's scored 6 goals in 11 appearances.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's got a wonderful shot, is good going up the field like our Pique... But I'm not much impressed with his game reading. But I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because it's just his debut season & saved their asses once or twice using his sheer pace. Resembles Vidic not only in appearance, but also his game.

Vermaelen is world class defender has not put a foot wrong for Arsenal all season, him an Gallas have been awesome together.

Wonderful player, verm has it all.

Tomba11

I like Verm of course, but he's not completely 'gelling' with the other players in the defence yet.
No worries, it will come.
Apart from that he's the leading goalscorer in a team that have scored most goals of all PL-teams.
24 in 7 games. And he has scored 4 of them + a couple in Champions League.

Will Vermaelen be the signing of the season of the Premier League? It looks like it this far.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Vermaelen is world class defender has not put a foot wrong for Arsenal all season, him an Gallas have been awesome together.

Wonderful player, verm has it all.

uh, he wasn't very good against united and was pretty awful against city.

i.e. the only times arsenal have been defensively tested, he's been found wanting (as have arsenal).

he's contributed massively in attack, though. and fair play to him for that.

B

blueduck

He's a bit suspect defending in the air but he's been an incredible signing for them.

I'd like to see how he copes against players like Ade and Drogba though.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
I think he's another very good signing from wenger. And for the two manchester game, he was only played with arsenal for 4 and 5 games. If he can maintain his form, especially until boxing day, he will become a great defender in epl. But i guess, at least till today, he's a good centre back and a striker :lol: His goal against wigan and blackburn were a well taken "striker type" goal.

B

barcakid999

Thought he was average at best. I think he is very talented but constantly makes really strange decisions. Look back at Ibras goals and he just randomly goes foward which leaves space in behind him.

Home of Barca Fans