24 - Thomas Vermaelen

cro-man

As much as i like him he is almost never available . If someone gets injured and he is not there to cover we will have to use mina who is not ready yet or never will.... If they buy one defender more i am happy to keep him but otherwise no.

xXKonan

If he accepts the contract extension he will turn 35 the year his new contract (2020) would expire.

Never would have expected us to give him a extension tbh. His career at Barca was dominated by shitty injuries and that failed loan stint at Roma, Kudos to him for turning his situation around.

Total-Football

If he doesn't cost too much think he deserves to stay one more season.

wow . Deserves for having played like 8 % of the games ?

I have gained huge respect for his attitude this season, as well as his contribution. However, this is not the back up you would want in your team, not with those numbers at least (8 % chances of being fit)

Horatio

You're welcome
wow . Deserves for having played like 8 % of the games ?

I have gained huge respect for his attitude this season, as well as his contribution. However, this is not the back up you would want in your team, not with those numbers at least (8 % chances of being fit)

He didn't play 8% because of injuries though. He wasn't used many times when fit.

Messi983

Not a fan of extending his contract right now. I appreciate that he stepped up and did his job when needed the most when Umtiti and Mascherano were out. Ideally I'd sell him in summer for whatever we can get but if there will be no good offers for him and he's willing to stay then I'm ok to let him play out his contract. IF he'll stay healthy and continue to play on good level next season then we can possibly think about giving him another year. But given his age and injury history doing that now is too risky.

khaled_a_d

If we want hom to stay then wait until same time next year then offer him renewal, it isn't like he will have mega offers on the table at that time.

Cule4life

The Culest
As if clubs will be lining up to get him. No need to extend him. Let him see him out his contract here and make a decision next year.

Home of Barca Fans