24 - Thomas Vermaelen

xXKonan

53605913.jpg

His new shirt number is the #25.

I'm guessing they're saving the 24 for Yerry?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can't believe they actually think he will be able to offer us something this season. He will not be fit. Same story every year with this guy. We just got to pray for our few other CBs to not get injured, I guess.

Galning

Played the entire game for Belgium against Greece, did quite well too, and most surprisingly: didn't get injured.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Played the entire game for Belgium against Greece, did quite well too, and most surprisingly: didn't get injured.

Saw some parts of the match and he looked decent. Also, if Belgium can play with Fellini, I don't see why not Vermaelen who is actually a solid player when fit.

Galning

Saw some parts of the match and he looked decent. Also, if Belgium can play with Fellini, I don't see why not Vermaelen who is actually a solid player when fit.

Martinez has an insane EPL fetish. Kompany was injured again after the Gibraltar game, Vermaelen was the right choice :thumbsup:

Mitchell1978

Martinez has an insane EPL fetish. Kompany was injured again after the Gibraltar game, Vermaelen was the right choice :thumbsup:

He was decent but nothing special.

Still as a 4e choice centerback he can contribute this season, its not like he will have to play much.

BarçaBarça

I just realized that it could be great to have him as 4th choice - because it means we will see a lot of Bueno and/or Tarín in a lot of first-team games, when he becomes injured next time :vermaelen:

barcanuck

That's fine we need veterans at D that can play here and there. He still plays for Belgium so it's not the end of the world. He cannot be any worst than last year's Mathieu!

Cool

Feel sad for him, looks isolated in the club training videos

I just hope he isn't paired with Mascherano when he plays, that is just a horrible partnership (4-0 vs Bilbao)

Valvarde is afraid one of the players might breath too close to him and injure him.

springfield

Has nothing to do with Martinez. Witsel got a red card in the previous match so couldn't play against Greece. Fellaini doesn't get more playing time under Martinez as under the previous Belgian coach. They have 4 defenders with good skills: Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Kompany, Alderweireld. But the others are quality wise alot less so it's normal Vermaelen played.

Galning

Has nothing to do with Martinez. Witsel got a red card in the previous match so couldn't play against Greece. Fellaini doesn't get more playing time under Martinez as under the previous Belgian coach. They have 4 defenders with good skills: Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Kompany, Alderweireld. But the others are quality wise alot less so it's normal Vermaelen played.

Naingolan who is beast cm for Roma not being called up also has nothing to do with Martinez I assume? Lots of other options then him, it's Martinez' choice. It has everything to do with him.

Home of Barca Fans