24 - Thomas Vermaelen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has got the medical greenlight. He is available for selection against Granada.

amircule

Excited to see Vermaelen in a Barca shirt & what he can offer to the team,Im sure if he is supported he will be superb .

Kohe321

He's technical, good at defending, and great at scoring from setpieces. Looking forward to his first real match.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Wilmots (coach BEL): "I wanted to call up Vermaelen but he had a relapse and trains again on his own. Told him to focus on his club for now"

Luis Enrique: "Vermaelen will be back soon. The discomfort comes and goes, but nothing to worry about."

Okay, so he's having discomfort again and needs more time. Seems very injury prone, hope this won't be another Cuenca story where he mainly does recovery training 90% of the season due to injuries. Bah, I was very much looking forward to see him play!

I think Wenger must have removed the "fragile - handle with care" sticker before he shipped him away. :lol:

Oh well, best of luck in your recovery Vermaelen!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

The discomfort comes and goes? I know he won't be expensive unless he gets to play, but the way this is going, he might not even play 5 games all season.

Home of Barca Fans