24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Truthist

Injuries have curtailed his career but errors started creeping into his game too. He was immense before that. The question is can he get back to his old level?

DrPepper

If his old level was making silly positional mistakes in big matches, then I don't want to know what his normal level is.

He is like Vertonghen, error prone but scoring goals from set pieces so people don't notice his flaws but think he is great because he scores goals.

Galning

If his old level was making silly positional mistakes in big matches, then I don't want to know what his normal level is.

He is like Vertonghen, error prone but scoring goals from set pieces so people don't notice his flaws but think he is great because he scores goals.

:beer2:

His positioning is shocking.

Robbie

It's a partnership issue. If you have another CB that complements that style, then they both cover for one another. Vermaelen is a sweeper who attacks space to close it down, he then starts counter attacks by getting the ball forward. Someone who sits back and fills in each time he goes forward would work very well.

I remember when Vidic was first signed from Moscow, a lot of my United supporting friends were calling him (and Evra) shit, saying they wanted them sold. Things changed when Ferguson built a proper back four.

Darko

It's a partnership issue. If you have another CB that complements that style, then they both cover for one another. Vermaelen is a sweeper who attacks space to close it down, he then starts counter attacks by getting the ball forward. Someone who sits back and fills in each time he goes forward would work very well.

Sounds exactly like Masche.

Howes

I don't see why Barcelona have signed mathieu and now want Vertonghen though, both are good backup or rotation,

Robbie

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ake-bid-for-arsenal-defender-thomas-vermaelen

On Skysports now. They're as legitimate as the BBC

2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

Please Barca, don't let manchester united humiliate us again

Home of Barca Fans