Thread: 25 - Thomas Vermaelen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you know?

Vermaelen >>>>>>>> Pique.

The gooners said it.
    I'm a firm believer that Sergi Roberto is the best player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahahaha desoe !!!

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    He's got a wonderful shot, is good going up the field like our Pique... But I'm not much impressed with his game reading. But I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because it's just his debut season & saved their asses once or twice using his sheer pace. Resembles Vidic not only in appearance, but also his game.
    One more resemblance with Vidic... looks a total shite when played against a classy forward!!

Vidic did against Torres, Eto'o and Ibra
    Vermaelen also did so against Torres, Drogba, Rooney & Ibra

barcakid999
    One more resemblance with Vidic... looks a total shite when played against a classy forward!!

Vidic did against Torres, Eto'o and Ibra
    Vermaelen also did so against Torres, Drogba, Rooney & Ibra
    I don't think he's anything like Vidic. Vidic is pretty much superior in every way apart from when it comes to dealing with pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Vermaelen is a great, young defender. Doing quite well for his debut season in the EPL but still has much to learn. Better than Pique?! Not after how Pique was for us last season and has had a pretty good season this year too. Vermaelen and Thiago Silva were the two best defensive signings of the year, Silva having the edge.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcakid999 View Post
    I don't think he's anything like Vidic. Vidic is pretty much superior in every way apart from when it comes to dealing with pace.
    Resemble doesn't exactly mean equal

Fireman Sam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resemble doesn't exactly mean equal
    Vidic is one of the best in the world, Vermaelen isnt...

just because they have problems with a striker on a particular day doesnt mean their not good lol, Vidic mauled torres in the last game...

And Puyol gets ***** by Forlan and Kun alot, He a bad defender?
    silly logic
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay... let me make it clear. when some one compares messi to maradona they don't mean he's as good as/better than maradona, they just mean he reminds them of maradona!!

Vermaelen is very far from being as good or better than Vidic... but them both are very physical, have good aerial ability, utter cunts(always looking to make a professional foul) & properly suited for EPL, only Verma is more faster than Vidic.

Fireman Sam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay... let me make it clear. when some one compares messi to maradona they don't mean he's as good as/better than maradona, they just mean he reminds them of maradona!!

Vermaelen is very far from being as good or better than Vidic... but them both are very physical, have good aerial ability, utter cunts(always looking to make a professional foul) & properly suited for EPL, only Verma is more faster than Vidic.
    No, lol,

People are comparing him to Maradona as some believe he is better...lol, or are questioning whether he could be....

Not because he simply reminds them of him... or the Headlines would be, "Messi Looks like Maradona"
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silky_soccer View Post
    No, lol,

People are comparing him to Maradona as some believe he is better...lol, or are questioning whether he could be....

Not because he simply reminds them of him... or the Headlines would be, "Messi Looks like Maradona"
    hey yo, comparisons started as soon as he scored that goal against Getafe!!

Theosophical

Gibberish. Another clueless comment from a so called 'Cule'. I suggest you watch a bit more from Vermaelen. He is just as good or even better than Vidic (who's as overrated as they come).

Let me guess, Pique is then better than Vidic?

High Definition Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosophical View Post
    Gibberish. Another clueless comment from a so called 'Cule'. I suggest you watch a bit more from Vermaelen. He is just as good or even better than Vidic (who's as overrated as they come).

different style of defender, hard to compare.

The Reckoner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Vermaelen was shit in your dickings by the big english teams and cost you 2 goals against us.

Pique and Vidic are different, personally I think Vidic is a beast in the air but not anywhere near as clever as Pique and far worse on the ball.
    Last edited by Lemmi; 2nd April 2010 at 11:35 PM.
    “My fear is not of death itself, but a death without meaning." Huey P. Newton

FCB_Titi_LB
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosophical View Post

In our system? 100% yes.
    Did u watch us pass our way out of danger when "pressured upon" in our own penalty box and setting up a counter attack?
    Thats football art. Any other team would kick it hard and far. Vidic cant do that. Vermaelen cant do that. Pique is ideal for our side.
    Vidic and Vermaelen are more physical but against a top side, they will make mistakes as has been shown many times.
    Pique also makes mistakes but because of our pressure in packs system and because our players change positions all over the field so many times, we dont need a Vidic ( A Vidic would slow our play down. Puyol? He is a beast but he has more technical ability than one would think.). We dont have "defenders" or "attackers". The whole team defends and attacks.

beautifulgame
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB_Titi_LB View Post
    In our system? 100% yes.
    Did u watch us pass our way out of danger when "pressured upon" in our own penalty box and setting up a counter attack?
    Thats football art. Any other team would kick it hard and far. Vidic cant do that. Vermaelen cant do that. Pique is ideal for our side.
    Vidic and Vermaelen are more physical but against a top side, they will make mistakes as has been shown many times.
    Pique also makes mistakes but because of our pressure in packs system and because our players change positions all over the field so many times, we dont need a Vidic ( A Vidic would slow our play down. Puyol? He is a beast but he has more technical ability than one would think.). We dont have "defenders" or "attackers". The whole team defends and attacks.

OLE. Your best post ever.