24 - Thomas Vermaelen

khaled_a_d

He probably meant the cost of replacing him, not the amount of money we can get.
That said, we will replace him sooner or later, one year isn't a big difference and the cost of keeping him while being back to his old self (unreliable due to injury) isn't worth the gamble of renewing him now

Nothanks

I don't mind having him as our third CB..
means Mina will get more game time as-well having a good but injury prone third option.
if we bought another youngster idk how we would develop Mina and X player together.

I like the mold of 2 obvious starters
1 veteran
1 youngster

as a 4 centerback combo.

behindbrowneyes

He probably meant the cost of replacing him, not the amount of money we can get.
That said, we will replace him sooner or later, one year isn't a big difference and the cost of keeping him while being back to his old self (unreliable due to injury) isn't worth the gamble of renewing him now

That's what I meant. Injuries apart, Vermaelen is more than just a 3rd CB. He replaced one of the best in the game without failure, did very well whenever he played. You pay 30M for Inigo Martinez these days for example.

Ursegor

World Champion
Absolutely class throughout the season whenever he played. I don't even know how he does it without any rythm in a position that requires it the most on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans