24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Total-Football

let me praise him first.. for courage, boldness and determination. he was brave and cleared everything thrown at him.helped in a critical moment when the team run out of defenders. however, he was one of the main reasons of our nervousness in the first half, being the only component in the back who is not composed on the ball underpressure. that made us loose the ball an.awful lot in the that half. real couldnt keep up the pressure so he thrived in the second half and showed quality. it s a bit sad because without the injuries he would have learned how to play and how to pass with this system. anyway great performance.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Needs to be kept next season.
As solid as he's been this spell, he's bound to break down again sooner or later. In the long run, he's just not reliable enough to count on. Hopefully he'll attract some suiters now that he's actually playing - and doing so very well - so that we can sell him and get a replacement who's not made of glass.

serghei

Needs to be kept next season.

True. If he's fit, he's one of the best back-up CBs you could find. Keep him. We don't have much to lose anyway. He's not on high wages and we can't get money on him. So let's keep this guy who played on short notice against Valencia and Madrid away and did a fantastic job.

I remember him playing in Lucho's 2nd season some games early in the season and doing it very well too. Even scored vs Malaga at home an important goal. When he played for us (not too much, true) he did it from well up usually.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Never lost faith in Vermaelen. People were too harsh on him as if they never saw him play and to make things worse mocked his injuries.

He deserved this after all he's been through.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Credit to the guy for chipping in, and helping the team despite not playing like all season. It was such a doom and gloom when Samu got injured!

Horatio

You're welcome
As solid as he's been this spell, he's bound to break down again sooner or later. In the long run, he's just not reliable enough to count on. Hopefully he'll attract some suiters now that he's actually playing - and doing so very well - so that we can sell him and get a replacement who's not made of glass.

As Sergei said as well, I don't think he cost us much. Might be worth the risk.

Alik

Am happy for him. After it seemed like he was just in Barcelona for holidays, finally he has begun contributing to the team.

A special match too.

Richard.H

All I can say is WOW. To perform like that in a Clasico after the physical and mental hardship he has sustained is amazing. 5 star performance. Praying every night he doesn't get injured.

Antimadridista1

This guy deserves credit after such a comeback.
He definitely has the level to play for Barcelona ; let's hope that he's gonna stay fit because he's a reliable option at the back.

Home of Barca Fans