24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Despite the couple of errors he looked decent. He just needs to keep his game simple and he will be alright.

Raketa10

Thought he made 3 bad calls when he failed to react to crosses and mark his man.

He has been decent and that’s more than you can expect from a player who has been injured 24/7 and who has played only 90 minutes in Copa before Umtiti got injured.

Kohe321

Defensively he's a pretty solid CB, and he does have a high level of technique on the ball. For example, his passing and touch are mostly on point. It's such a shame that he's made of glass though, because the defensive aspect of the game has a lot to do with confidence and rhythm, which he never got a chance to build up uninterrupted. Considering how little he has actually played, I think he's done a stellar job with the minutes given since Umtiti got injured.

xXKonan

Assuming he plays in the Classico as Mascherano should return in time for Deportivo.

But with the uncertainty surrounding Masche, and if Verm stays fit I wouldn't be surprised if he got the nod to play in the Classico.

Windhook

Given Masche's recent transfer request I doubt he'll start the El Clasico or any other match. Vermaelen played full 90 minutes in the last matches, so he is better condition, focus and preparation. I believe Valverde will stick with Vermaelen until Umtiti returns.

Home of Barca Fans