24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Played really well, got scared there for a moment that he got injured after a bad tackle from Zaza I think, but surprisingly he walked it off:amazed:

draconifire

Played pretty good actually, considering it was his first game. Was partly at fault for that goal, but as was the whole deence of ours.

xXKonan

He's a great CB when he's fit but the poor guy can't go a certain amount of time without getting injured. During the 2015/16 season when he got those run of games he was excellent with Masche Alba and Roberto in the back line. But he got injured and never could regain proper rhythm.

Like yesterday vs Valencia and even his games with Belgium that's the best of Verm you will see no question. If only he had a body that can hold up.

MIXA

The Belgian medical team must be stressing out right now knowing that Vermaelen is going to get a run of games. I hope that he doesn’t over exert himself or else he may miss the World Cup.

Stay safe Thomas! Russia 2018 just wouldn’t be the same without you.

FCBfan22

Prayers have been answered, he is still alive and well.

He also played one of his best matches in Barcelona jersey.

Windhook

He is class, people forget he was Arsenal's captain in better times of that club.

Probably his best game since he arrived. He was solid tonight, at times even gave commands to the likes of Andre Gomes to focus on their marking.

Givenchy

He is class, people forget he was Arsenal's captain in better times of that club.

Probably his best game since he arrived. He was solid tonight, at times even gave commands to the likes of Andre Gomes to focus on their marking.

agreed he was a monster at Arsenal, theres a reason hes nicknamed The Verminator

ronniecro

i mean,it's not something that i would brag about tbh..

xXKonan

At his best he's a great defender.

problem is he doesn't have the body that can hold up for long periods of time. I remember when he had that great start to the season for us in the 2015/16, only to suffer a calf injury vs Atletico. He never did get the chance to regain that form again once he came back as he was sparsely played.

Home of Barca Fans