24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Truthist

Think the medical team advised against signing him because of an injury but the board still went ahead and signed him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He did well for Belgium in recent qualifiers. Valverde could have easily played him either against Olympiakos or Malaga.

I am also more for keeping him as 4th option instead of having Mina or Marlon rotting on the bench when they need matches to develop.

Galning

He's injured again. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Kohe321

Apparently it's a hip problem.

giphy.gif

xXKonan

One of the dumbest things we are did other than sign him a couple of seasons ago was now relying on him to be our 4th CB.

Yeah he had a decent Preseason and overall he's a solid CB at his best. But he's made out of fucking glass man, who the hell makes these stupid decisions and thought it was okay that Verm should be our 4th choice CB?

Sending off Marlon on loan to get minutes is fine but not getting a real 4th choice CB and relying on Verm of all people to be our 4th Choice CB is one of the dumbest things we did this window. Now we just have to wait until January and hope we can get a decent enough 4th CB.

Nothanks

We rarely really need a 4th option, and i believe Marlon cannot play for us because of the EU rule or something along those lines..
(i read the board was certain that coutinho was coming so they sent marlon out so he can take that eu spot)

we talked about this in the Mina thread but it's uncertain if Suarez has his european passport yet and with Paulinho needing one as-well we're limited to 1 spot.
it's either Mina or Marlon to take over Mascheranos spot, and we need a european centerback to take over Vermaelen's spot

something dumber than depending on vermaelen is that we sent Marlon out to french league when it would benefit him more to try and get the spanish passport.. he already spent a year with us, brazilians requirement i believe is 2 years in Spain, and a while for paperwork to get done but still really odd stuff

khaled_a_d

One of the dumbest things we are did other than sign him a couple of seasons ago was now relying on him to be our 4th CB.

Yeah he had a decent Preseason and overall he's a solid CB at his best. But he's made out of fucking glass man, who the hell makes these stupid decisions and thought it was okay that Verm should be our 4th choice CB?

Sending off Marlon on loan to get minutes is fine but not getting a real 4th choice CB and relying on Verm of all people to be our 4th Choice CB is one of the dumbest things we did this window. Now we just have to wait until January and hope we can get a decent enough 4th CB.

Roberto already said we can't rely on Vermaelen as CB, if they are able to get a new CB in January then it is ok. If not then we need to pray that no one ofthe 3 CB get injured

Home of Barca Fans