24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arsenal fans sound very, very happy at the reported price (19mil.) A bit worrying when you hear it all. Injury, being bad in the season before that, expiring contract...
We sure are desperate.

Martindn

Hehe still laugh about this 2 years later.

For those who didn't want him, who else could you conceivably buy at a fair price?

raskolnikov

Arsenal fans sound very, very happy at the reported price (19mil.) A bit worrying when you hear it all. Injury, being bad in the season before that, expiring contract...
We sure are desperate.

Rightfully so, we have the dumbest board in the world and the socio's do fuck all about it otherwise Zubi would have been long gone, therefore Barcelona deserves mockery and scorn.

CatalinR10

For those who didn't want him, who else could you conceivably buy at a fair price?

we don't need to buy players at a fair price. We have the money to buy someone expensive. We could splash 40-45 M on Benatia but I have no idea why the club doesn't show interest in him.

L

linetty

we don't need to buy players at a fair price. We have the money to buy someone expensive. We could splash 40-45 M on Benatia but I have no idea why the club doesn't show interest in him.
Good luck if you get Benatia for less than 50 or even 60M

L

linetty

This forum have gone bonkers with Benatia and I can bet my money that 90% of you haven't seen him play regularly and never knew him before this past season.

poncirus

Not excited about this transfer, but hopefully he'll come good.

He's 28, which should be start of prime years for a defender.

Definitely better than paying 40m for inexperienced and small CB (Marquinhos).

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

19m for Vermaelen isn't a fair price. We would've done better not getting a CB at all.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This forum have gone bonkers with Benatia and I can bet my money that 90% of you haven't seen him play regularly and never knew him before this past season.

What if we bought him for 50m and he was an expensive flop? Also our defence problems are tactical, not solved by the forum favourite player...

serghei

We'll be fine as long as we work on our issues. Lucho is the most important person in the team right now, without him doing his part, it doesn't matter who we buy/bought. Things have to change beyond the transfers we make/made. Things like better stamina, more speed, greater workrate, no more lapses of concentration resulting in cheap goals being conceded, better tactical awareness and so on. Lucho has his work cut out for him and he really needs to show some qualities outside his bright blaugrana past.

About Vermaelen, he is not a bad player. He's not the best CB out there, that's certain, but in the right system with the right tactic and with the right support, he can deliver. So can Mathieu. They won't ever carry the team on their shoulders, but they won't dissapoint if the atmosphere surrounding the team is the right one.

Tomchin

So pissed off right now. Is there any chance that Vermaelen will block the deal, I read that he still needed to discuss personal terms?

Home of Barca Fans