24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Kohe321

Fantastic news! And honestly, injured or not, he should probably be resting for a couple of weeks now regardless considering the amount of consecutive minutes he's played since Umtiti got injured.

FinBarcelonafan

Fantastic news! And honestly, injured or not, he should probably be resting for a couple of weeks now regardless considering the amount of consecutive minutes he's played since Umtiti got injured.

I have to admit Vermaelen saved our ass. Without him we would have been in big trouble. He didn't just play, he played excellent.. Very important player this season. Great backup and very good player.

Kohe321

I have to admit Vermaelen saved our ass. Without him we would have been in big trouble. He didn't just play, he played excellent.. Very important player this season. Great backup and very good player.

He really has played great. Just shows that injuries has held him back from being a top tier CB. The talent certainly is there.

Messi983

Timing of his injury though. This can't be coincidence. He lasted just long enough for Umtiti to come back. :worthy:

Thankfully looks like it's nothing serious, we'll still need him this season.

How many want to keep him next season, now? It should be totally unsurprising, and frankly, was only a matter of time.

Better to have another CB as 4th option, because it will be total luck if he happens to be fit when we need him.

Agree. I've started to like him and respect everything he's done in the last two months but we really can't count on him to stay fit longterm. We can get Jonathan Tah for 25M in summer and Robert probably also has other cheap CB options as we don't really need to spend too much for that position.

RMU ReBorn

wait for him to have a bad run of form , to witness his head being chopped and pasted on Dogs's body and gets insulted by arm chair critics of this forum . Forgetting what all he did for the club in our crisis

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think Vermaelen is locked to stay another season. From the Valverde interview I saw (and this is prior to Vermaelen January performances) I got a sense he was convinced from the beginning.

Home of Barca Fans