24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Nobody would slaughter Miranda or another youngster. Especially after such a game where the whole team played bad.
It would have been tough for a younger player but it would have also been a huge chance and a real test to see if we can maybe trust him as Alba's backup.

Jombi

there's no guarantee that he'll play bad or that he'll play good. but judging by his decent pre-season and the pace of legane's attackers, i feel that miranda would have done better at LB than Vermaelen. if the coaches did think miranda wouldn't be ready, we shouldn't have sold digne then.

Didnt Digne want to leave? And dont we have a need to get some incoming revenue from sales? People want us to splash massive amounts of money every season on superstars, but if we dont sell players for some money, how are we supposed to be able to splash all that money? La Masia has been effectively dead for a decade now. So we are totally dependent on doing shrewd business in the transfer market.

soul24rage

Didnt Digne want to leave? And dont we have a need to get some incoming revenue from sales? People want us to splash massive amounts of money every season on superstars, but if we dont sell players for some money, how are we supposed to be able to splash all that money? La Masia has been effectively dead for a decade now. So we are totally dependent on doing shrewd business in the transfer market.

digne did wanted to leave, but maybe if we had fought harder to keep him, then maybe he would have changed his mind? Idk, I'm just full speculating. If we did fought hard to the best of our abilities to keep him and he still wanted to leave, there were still other options for LB like Juan bernat who was on his last year of his contract with Bayern and cost PSG only 15 million. Not that expensive in the current market. I just think that Miranda could have done better at LB than Vermaelen considering how he performed in pre-season and Leganes' attackers pace. And besides, it would shown a big deal of confidence to Miranda knowing that he could be trusted as a back up LB at his age so I don't think that his career would have been 'ruined'

Andrew M

digne did wanted to leave, but maybe if we had fought harder to keep him, then maybe he would have changed his mind? Idk, I'm just full speculating. If we did fought hard to the best of our abilities to keep him and he still wanted to leave, there were still other options for LB like Juan bernat who was on his last year of his contract with Bayern and cost PSG only 15 million. Not that expensive in the current market. I just think that Miranda could have done better at LB than Vermaelen considering how he performed in pre-season and Leganes' attackers pace. And besides, it would shown a big deal of confidence to Miranda knowing that he could be trusted as a back up LB at his age so I don't think that his career would have been 'ruined'

Did you see Bernat vs Liverpool?

No thanks

xXKonan

Walked off the pitch injured after 72 minutes.

Hamstring injury.
So we only have two fit CB's and one of them is heavily out of form.

giphy.webp

xXKonan

I like Verm but while Lenglet was a needed signing, we fucked up big in relying on him to be our 4th CB.

Should have gotten a RCB to go along with Lenglet this summer.

Home of Barca Fans