24 - Thomas Vermaelen

ronniecro

I wonder if he will start. I won't be surprised if we see Busquets or Digne at CB to be honest.

i mean that would be hilarious,finally the opportunity comes due to injuries and suspensions and midfielder takes your place in defence :D
he will start

behindbrowneyes

Valverde already confirmed that Vermaelen will start.
"Everyone thinks it’s strange to play two left-footed centre-backs, but when you play with two right-footed defenders, it seems completely normal," he said.

"Both Umtiti and Vermaelen are internationals and I have faith in them both. Tomorrow is an important game.

"David Costas will come with us from Barca B, too. We’re covered. Costa has experience in the top flight. He’s different to what we have, but he can help us in cases of emergency."

The only thing I'm fearing is his lack of match practice. Apart from that and his injuries Vermaelen is a decent defender.

Joan

He should do just fine, after all this is a rare opportunity for him to start and earn recognition on big scene before the comming transfer window - career deciding match.

Also, he's played lately during the international break and has been preparing for this one since the game against Juve. Not worried.

BarçaBarça

Had the chance to be the hero with the header (like Mathieu once did), but chose not to, and went on to be partly to blame for their goal instead.

A shame - he won't be remembered for the football.

Home of Barca Fans