The Old Firm

B

blueduck

So you are admitting Boca v River is bigger then ?

@ Viva

Hamzah

High Definition Member
celtic and rangers is about the same as boca v riverplate and fener v galatasaray. they are similar rivalries in terms of fame aswell.

B

blueduck

Fame where? In Scotland certainly, but elsewhere?

Milan v Inter, City v United, Barca v Real are obv all watched more than Celtic v Rangers.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
city v united? maybe but only after city got rich. and its unfair to compare celtic and rangers to milan, inter, real and barca

most european football fans have heard of the old firm derby but might not eatch it because of the shit standards these days

B

blueduck

Exactly there is no comparison.

More people used to watch that derby even before we were taken over. (Even if to only watch United)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i mean quality wise its unfair to compare. in terms of the atmosphere at the games, which is really what its all about it is up there with most of the derbies which are mentioned.

B

blueduck

So you've gone from one of the biggest derbies in the world to the loudest ?

Boca v River and Fener v Gala are a lot louder.

B

blueduck

But in comparison with Tottenham v Arsenal, Barca v Real, United v City and Milan v Inter etc barely anyone cares about it.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
its arguably the biggest rivalry in the UK. although man united v liverpool competes with it.

C

ChuckaOwns

Can i just ask, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Real vs Barca pull more views than the superbowl and the world cup final?
I'm sure it did/does/has.

Anyway has nothing to do with what you're talking about...Carry on.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yeah it'll be even bigger this year what with plastic fans tuning in to see ronaldo and chums.

Home of Barca Fans