The Old Firm

MinaFCB

p16a.jpg

why these guys remind me of Rodney from Only Fools and Horses??

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Except nobody outside Scotland (maybe Ireland) gives a toss about it.
No, countries like USA, Canada, Australia also care. Go on name me a bigger derby. And only derbies that are in the same city, so no Madrid-Barca. At least admit it is the biggest British derby.

VivaBarca

Fenerbahce v Galatasaray

Roma v Lazio
Old Firm still wins. Those clubs only hate because of football. With Rangers and Celtic it's politics and religion. Basically read " The Divided City " by Theresa Brelin. It's one of few derbies on Earth where you can guess who supports what team by appearance and their name.

B

blueduck

Boca v River is bigger.

Anyone in North or South America, Africa or Asia has probably never even heard Celtic or Rangers.

Last edited:

henriklarsson7

Boca v River is bigger.

Anyone in North or South America, Africa or Asia has probably never even heard Celtic or Rangers.

how about the large irish population in USA and the many rangers fans in canada. or the fact that shunsuke nakamuraplayed for celtic for four years and raised the profile of the club in asia. city are only known in these places because of the fact they are in the prem :lol:

B

blueduck

And?

I'm not saying the Manchester derby is bigger. But the derbies I mentioned are a lot bigger.

VivaBarca

Apart from Boca-River none of those derbies are anywhere close to the Old Firm. Ducky trust me I know I live here. How many derbies are taken so seriously that you can tell the fans by their name and appearance ? None apart from old Firm.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I use to watch the old firm back in circa late 90s early 00s. I could also name a few players back then. Now I'd be hard pressed to name 3 from each team. It's far from as big as it use to be outside of Scotland.

Home of Barca Fans