Busquets 3
Bojan 2
Pique 1
Abidal 1
Fontas 1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Villa earned us 2 penalties in last few matches. Somehow I feel this should count as assists as well but who'll track back rest of our 3 pens in La Liga and if there were any in other?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Villa earned us 2 penalties in last few matches. Somehow I feel this should count as assists as well but who'll track back rest of our 3 pens in La Liga and if there were any in other?
hmm i would disagree bojan as you could say that the pass to villa caused the pen also but maybe another statistics for FK won and PK won

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
So should we count winning penalties as assists?

We had 6 penalties converted in all competitions. 4 in La Liga and 2 in UCL. Villa won 3 penalties in La Liga (vs Racing, vs Almeria, and vs Real Madrid). Messi won one penalty, against Osasuna but he took that himself so that shouldn't count as an assist. 2 in UCL was won by Iniesta vs Rubin Kazan and Pedro vs Arsenal. So with those added in:

GOALS:

Messi 49

Villa 21
Pedro 20
Iniesta 8
Bojan 6
Xavi 5
Keita 5
Alves 4
Pique 3
Thiago 2
Busquets 1
Ibra 1
Maxwell 1
Puyol 1
Nolito 1
Milito 1
Jeffren 1
Fontas 1
V. Vasquez 1
Abidal 1
Afellay 1
Adriano 1

ASSISTS:

Messi 27
Alves 17
Pedro 14
Xavi 12
Villa 12
Iniesta 8
Keita 4
Maxwell 3
Thiago 3
Adriano 3
Busquets 3
Bojan 2
Pique 1
Abidal 1
Fontas 1

gingerless

:lol: yeah, who will track back and find all of our three, countem - three - penalties?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
So essentially what we've descovered here today is that Villa has been directly responsible for 33 goals this season?

That makes me hate the jabronie's in the Villa thread even more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So should we count winning penalties as assists?

We had 6 penalties converted in all competitions. 4 in La Liga and 2 in UCL. Villa won 3 penalties in La Liga (vs Racing, vs Almeria, and vs Real Madrid). Messi won one penalty, against Osasuna but he took that himself so that shouldn't count as an assist. 2 in UCL was won by Iniesta vs Rubin Kazan and Pedro vs Arsenal. So with those added in:

GOALS:

Messi 49

Villa 21
Pedro 20
Iniesta 8
Bojan 6
Xavi 5
Keita 5
Alves 4
Pique 3
Thiago 2
Busquets 1
Ibra 1
Maxwell 1
Puyol 1
Nolito 1
Milito 1
Jeffren 1
Fontas 1
V. Vasquez 1
Abidal 1
Afellay 1
Adriano 1

ASSISTS:

Messi 27
Alves 17
Pedro 14
Xavi 12
Villa 12
Iniesta 8
Keita 4
Maxwell 3
Thiago 3
Adriano 3
Busquets 3
Bojan 2
Pique 1
Abidal 1
Fontas 1

I'd definitely count them. Thanx for the prompt update!

majql

Good decision to count penalties as assits, a lot of football magazines are doing that as well.

So essentially what we've descovered here today is that Villa has been directly responsible for 33 goals this season?

That makes me hate the jabronie's in the Villa thread even more.

Same for me. I think even though Villa is in a really bad drought right now, he is a very valuable player!

nebeer

Love is All
Why is that surprising?

More than surprised I'm happy. Alves has improved so immensely. Not so long ago he was ballooning his crosses from the top right corner of the pitch. His crosses and runs into the box have improved so much now. And of course this is no easy thing to be the second assister ahead of the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Pedro, even though he is a very attacking wingback and hangs out in the final third of the pitch for most of the game. So kudos to him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is surprising for one reason at least. Last year we had tall Ibra in the box and Alves didn't have as much assists. Granted, Ibra was poor in headers, but his sheer hight was enough to challenge in the air.
Only explanation is: Alves indeed improved this season and I hope it's not just because his contract talks.

Home of Barca Fans