K1, ufc, mma

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Hell no :lol:
That mofo is guilty as sin. Did you ever see him before he became Ubereem?
It will be a while before he fights in the UFC again. Which sucks because his fight with JDS was shaping up to be slug fest for the title of baddest man on the planet.

sukhy

JDS would destroy Overeem, he's so slow, dos Santos would pick him apart standing up. Can see JDS walking through Velasquez again, he has Velasquez' kyrptonite, awesome boxing, great takedown defense and a solid chin, he's the king at heavyweight

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Rory MacDonald is the future of MMA, remember his name if you don't know it yet. I think he's going to annihilate Penn when they fight next and someday be the king of the WW division.

My favorite fighters have to be MacDonald, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, Ronda Rousey :wub:, Roger Gracie, and Joseph Benavidez.

Royce Gracie and Mark Kerr (in his prime) are what really got me into the sport. Kerr was the reason I wrestled in school and I still grapple til' this day.

Trickykid

Rory MacDonald is the future of MMA, remember his name if you don't know it yet. I think he's going to annihilate Penn when they fight next and someday be the king of the WW division.

My favorite fighters have to be MacDonald, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, Ronda Rousey :wub:, Roger Gracie, and Joseph Benavidez.

Royce Gracie and Mark Kerr (in his prime) are what really got me into the sport. Kerr was the reason I wrestled in school and I still grapple til' this day.

Yeah, Rory looks mighty interesting indeed. However beating BJ won't be much of a feat these days, sadly. He's about as has-been as they get, and has just 1 win in his last 5 matches.

Frankie Edgar has just, as expected, announced that he's dropping down to FW. He'll have to get at least one win before he gets a shot against Aldo though... Aldo will destroy him by then.
I feel bad for Edgar. He really didn't deserve that last loss against Bendo.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Yeah, Rory looks mighty interesting indeed. However beating BJ won't be much of a feat these days, sadly. He's about as has-been as they get, and has just 1 win in his last 5 matches.

Frankie Edgar has just, as expected, announced that he's dropping down to FW. He'll have to get at least one win before he gets a shot against Aldo though... Aldo will destroy him by then.
I feel bad for Edgar. He really didn't deserve that last loss against Bendo.

I thought Benson won the first fight and that Edgar won the second fight 3-2.

I think Edgar poses some problems for Aldo @ 145. Very intriguing match-up that I can see Edgar winning if he employs the right strategy.

Trickykid

I thought Benson won the first fight and that Edgar won the second fight 3-2.

I think Edgar poses some problems for Aldo @ 145. Very intriguing match-up that I can see Edgar winning if he employs the right strategy.

I completely agree on Bendo winning the first and Edgar edging the rematch.

However perhaps I'm overestimating Aldo a bit, but he's been looking downright scary in just about every UFC fight of his, while Edgar himself have had plenty trouble lately, both against Gray Maynard and of course Bendo. Moving down a division though, should do him a world of good.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I completely agree on Bendo winning the first and Edgar edging the rematch.

However perhaps I'm overestimating Aldo a bit, but he's been looking downright scary in just about every UFC fight of his, while Edgar himself have had plenty trouble lately, both against Gray Maynard and of course Bendo. Moving down a division though, should do him a world of good.

Aldo would be the favorite but he did show some weaknesses against Mark Hominick that I think Edgar could exploit. Edgar would be Aldo's toughest opponent to date if he gets past Koch.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Oh boy...so Dan Henderson is injured and had to pull out of ufc 151. No replacement could be found besides Chael Sonnen. In one of the biggest dick moves in UFC history Jones and his camp refused the fight even though Sonnen was taking it on such short notice. For the first time in it's history a UFC event has been canceled. Dana White is furious and really blasted Jones and the Jackson camp. The fighters themselves are pissed as well. Jone just cost about 20 fighters their paychecks and nobody knows what to do.

Trickykid

Oh boy...so Dan Henderson is injured and had to pull out of ufc 151. No replacement could be found besides Chael Sonnen. In one of the biggest dick moves in UFC history Jones and his camp refused the fight even though Sonnen was taking it on such short notice. For the first time in it's history a UFC event has been canceled. Dana White is furious and really blasted Jones and the Jackson camp. The fighters themselves are pissed as well. Jone just cost about 20 fighters their paychecks and nobody knows what to do.

Fuck me, no kiding?
All this trashtalk lately between Sonnen and Jones would've made for a heated affair.

Trickykid

Wow, just read up on it - what a shitstorm indeed!
Jon Jones would be such a heavy favorite I can't believe he chickened out on the Sonnen matchup. Even if the bout would've been in just 8 days, he should have had big enough balls to take him on.

Good news though, that Machida will get the chance in 152. Even though he'll be the underdog, he looked very good during that first round during their last meet. Heres hoping he'll karatesize Jon Jones to kingdom come.

Home of Barca Fans