User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 285

Thread: K1, ufc, mma

  1. #256
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fixed as fuck

  2. #257
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rory MacDonald vs Steven Thompson tonight. Rarely have I been this excited for a non-titlefight as this this one. Fireworks expected.

  3. #258
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that was a monumental letdown - especially on Rory's part.

  4. #259
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that was so disappointing, understandable though, they both have such strange styles. As always found Thompson impressive, i'd hate to step into the octagon against him, you'd get wrecked every each way.

    I'm joining syndicate mma gym here in Las Vegas on monday, which is where alot of fighters are appearing on the show 'the ultimate fighter' very highly rated gym, much looking forward to it.

  5. #260
    Senior Member
    barcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZzzZzzz UFC fight nites. Hope Kraft takes over and scraps the crappy free events and stacks the PPVs.

  6. #261
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    Yeah that was so disappointing, understandable though, they both have such strange styles. As always found Thompson impressive, i'd hate to step into the octagon against him, you'd get wrecked every each way.

    I'm joining syndicate mma gym here in Las Vegas on monday, which is where alot of fighters are appearing on the show 'the ultimate fighter' very highly rated gym, much looking forward to it.
    So, how is it, man?

    BTW, the UFC 200? The single most ridiculously stacked card ever.
    I mean, Mousasi on the 1st(!!) prelims, Assuncao vs Dillashaw and Kelvin Gastelum vs Johny fucking Hendricks on the 2nd prelims.
    And then there's the main card:
    Travis Browne vs Velasquez
    Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
    Misha to defend her title...

    ...and then Mark Hunt vs Brock

    Absolutely astoundingly ridiculous.

  7. #262
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    So, how is it, man?

    BTW, the UFC 200? The single most ridiculously stacked card ever.
    I mean, Mousasi on the 1st(!!) prelims, Assuncao vs Dillashaw and Kelvin Gastelum vs Johny fucking Hendricks on the 2nd prelims.
    And then there's the main card:
    Travis Browne vs Velasquez
    Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
    Misha to defend her title...

    ...and then Mark Hunt vs Brock

    Absolutely astoundingly ridiculous.
    It was okay, not as good as anticipated, I trialed a few others to compare, I think I prefer some of the others.

    --

    Jon Jones ruled out of 200.. man this really sucks, was so hyped for that. fuck

  8. #263
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    It was okay, not as good as anticipated, I trialed a few others to compare, I think I prefer some of the others.

    --

    Jon Jones ruled out of 200.. man this really sucks, was so hyped for that. fuck
    Looking forward to seeing you on UFC 300, smacking Sage Northcutt's annoying grin off his face.

    And bloody fucking hell! Didn't know Jon Jones was out.

    Edit: because of a potential doping violation? Really? Could someone please just put this god damn idiot out of his misery already?
    Last edited by Trickykid; 7th July 2016 at 06:35 AM.

  9. #264
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you on UFC 300, smacking Sage Northcutt's annoying grin off his face.

    And bloody fucking hell! Didn't know Jon Jones was out.

    Edit: because of a potential doping violation? Really? Could someone please just put this god damn idiot out of his misery already?
    Yeah, wonder why it took so long to come out.. apparently the test was on the 16th June, lots of pre orders made. I don't know the ins & outs but poor show from the UFC if they knew.

    Hopefully they find someone to fight DC, even with little time, I'm sure they'll be takers. Either way so disappointing from Jones, such a gifted fighter.

  10. #265
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    Yeah, wonder why it took so long to come out.. apparently the test was on the 16th June, lots of pre orders made. I don't know the ins & outs but poor show from the UFC if they knew.

    Hopefully they find someone to fight DC, even with little time, I'm sure they'll be takers. Either way so disappointing from Jones, such a gifted fighter.
    Dana being the greedy bastard he is, I wouldn't put it past him having delayed this announcement for as long as possible.

    Plenty names floating around already, with Gustafsson being the most notable. That would probably be the best solution right now.

  11. #266
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced with Anderson Silva good stuff, coming off a few losses but still a legend & great to watch

  12. #267
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I saw that coming. DC should smother him, but a fun bout on paper at least.

  13. #268
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame it's not for the title though..Silva should have demanded it

  14. #269
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you think of UFC 200?

    Highlight for me was Lesnar's performance.

    As for Silva, he was dominated, but he defended really well and got some very goo strikes. For someone who came into the fight in the last moment, I was very impressed.

  15. #270
    Senior Member
    barcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tis was boring