K1, ufc, mma

Trickykid

Haha, I don't know. Maybe I haven't really been following her press conferences lately. But it didn't seem like it before.

She's been like that from day one ever since she entered the limelight.
For me, it probably culminated back when she beat Miesha Tate for the second time. The seriously bad blood between them has been obvious to everyone, but when Ronda beat her up again, and Tate subsequently wanted to congratulate her offering her hand to Rousey, she refused it and kept on gloating publicly. That's a pathetic lack of sportsmanship if ever I saw it.

Alik

She's been like that from day one ever since she entered the limelight.
For me, it probably culminated back when she beat Miesha Tate for the second time. The seriously bad blood between them has been obvious to everyone, but when Ronda beat her up again, and Tate subsequently wanted to congratulate her offering her hand to Rousey, she refused it and kept on gloating publicly. That's a pathetic lack of sportsmanship if ever I saw it.

I watched a season of The Ultimate Fighter, that's a competition/reality show to get into the UFC, and Tate and Rousey were coaching on opposite teams. From what I can remember, they both pretty much hated each other (well, Rousey hated Tate). And I don't know where, but I remember an interview where Rousey gave talking about how a lot in the UFC is just for show and how fighters who talked crap about each other before the fight would be buddies afterwards, but how that was not the situation with her.

And it is something that I found interesting and doesn't exist much in football, for example. Can you imagine bad mouthing your opponent before the match, and then hugging it out afterwards?

Trickykid

I watched a season of The Ultimate Fighter, that's a competition/reality show to get into the UFC, and Tate and Rousey were coaching on opposite teams. From what I can remember, they both pretty much hated each other (well, Rousey hated Tate). And I don't know where, but I remember an interview where Rousey gave talking about how a lot in the UFC is just for show and how fighters who talked crap about each other before the fight would be buddies afterwards, but how that was not the situation with her.

And it is something that I found interesting and doesn't exist much in football, for example. Can you imagine bad mouthing your opponent before the match, and then hugging it out afterwards?

Yeah, it's a completely different world from team based sports.
And, you're absolutely right, her animosity towards her opponents - especially Misha Tate - seems 100 percent real, which is just plain sad really. I watched the Ultimate Fighter season too, and while they both came off a being varying degrees of assholes, Rousey was in a league of her own in that regard.

She has this misguided sense of ghetto honor, that just comes off as ridiculous, even though she most likely believes it makes her real.

F

Flavia

She didn't touch gloves with Holm yesterday. That's pretty ridiculous, even if there were any sort of provocation. I was shocked just at how easy it was for Holm to beat her.

Alik

Is anyone excited for UFC 194 tomorrow? Aldo vs McGregor, for featherweight title. Hope McGregor takes it!

It's also the Ultimate Fighter finale. Hope Artem takes that one, although I love jiu-jitsu.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
UFC 194, Aldo vs McGregor. Hyped to eternity and an amazing card with great fights. And it was really good but main event only lasted 13 seconds.

I am really hoping for a rematch.

El Flaco

McGregor's one punch KO'd Aldo.

[gfy]InsidiousFreeKakapo[/gfy]

[gfy]FriendlyWeightyAgama[/gfy]

[gfy]HarmlessFrankKronosaurus[/gfy]

Trickykid

That was some anticlimatic shit. I had been looking forward to that fight since forever, and then it ends after 13 seconds with that annoying prick as the winner to boot. Bah...
I loved seeing Rockhold smack the living daylights out of Weidman, though. Jacare should've won against the homophobic asshole, Romero. I have no idea what the hell the judges were on about. Scandalous.

Home of Barca Fans