Positive Thinking Cules

JerseyAddict

Khmm khmmm
How many points I predicted before this "bad month". I think I was on point or +/-1.

EDIT:
30TH NOVEMBER
"

Joke aside,13 would do fine. I could see some "resting" vs Sporting and I do think we could win at Bernabeu. Just to show that Uncle Flo who Barça is."

Team aint playin some glorius tiki-taka but for sure Barça is efficient and on the run.

This team has sealed La Liga for 99% and now when Dembèlè and Umtiti return and with some smart add on in January who knows how far we can go in UCL.

EDIT:
Not to sound like some hyped positive guy but this team has some solid foundations and tactics. It is yet to be tested by EPL teams but if Barça could win 3:0 vs Juve why we could not give a fair fight with Bayern and City.

Last edited:

Messi983

Neither is City. Sure, they are good offensively but I think with the right tactics we could stop them. On the other hand their defense has improved from the start of the season but they are still vulnerable. I'm not affraid of anyone.

Neither is City. Sure, they are good offensively but I think with the right tactics we could stop them. On the other hand their defense has improved from the start of the season but they are still vulnerable. I'm not affraid of anyone.

Avatar bet for the R16 tie against Chelsea:

If we win I change my avatar to the picture of your choice for one year.

If Chelsea win you change your avatar to the picture of my choice for one year.

You up for it?

JerseyAddict

I said it before the Clasico but I can see us beating Chelsea. Bayern, City will be tougher nuts to crack.
You can't help yourself, can you?

I don't really see where you are aiming for ...
but if you insinuate that I am provoking EPL fanboys, YES I am. If you think that I have some doubts in Barça team this year, yes I have, I am not blind. But I am 95% positive that with a good day from Iniesta and Suarez we can beat the crap out of anyone. I am totally confident in Messi, Busi, MAtS, and Umtiti. They will always do their job.

P.S. I give credit only to City because Pep knows our soul. Without him, those kids would be "guns meat".

serghei

Avatar bet for the R16 tie against Chelsea:

If we win I change my avatar to the picture of your choice for one year.

If Chelsea win you change your avatar to the picture of my choice for one year.

You up for it?

So you're betting we lose the tie vs Chelsea on a thread called 'Positive Thinking Cules'? :lol:

So you're betting we lose the tie vs Chelsea on a thread called 'Positive Thinking Cules'? :lol:

I'm very happy with where we are right now given the strength of our squad and injuries to some key players, but I don't think we'll get past Chelsea. That's just my opinion and I might be proven wrong yet again and Valverde may surprise even more, but I just don't have a good feeling about the Chelsea tie.

La Liga alone this year would be a massive success, but who knows. We get Dembele and Umtiti back, they get in form and we may be able to take the CL.

And he replied to the post about City? :blush:

I was replying specifically to the part of his post where he said he's "not afraid of anyone."

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I mean I think we're surely a better quality team than Chelsea, just that they happen to be a potential matchup problem for us. We were also actually a better team than Atletico in 2016 when they KO'd us, very arguably in 2014 as well. We were probably a better team last year than Juve honestly if we assume good form. These defensive teams can just be problematic for us, which is why the Chelsea tie could be tricky.

As far as positive thinking, I know it's technically unrelated to us but RM seem much weaker than I expected this year and this should be extremely positive news to anyone not interested in having RM win 3 back to back CL's. I think PSG stands a good chance to them and as long as we can ensure they fail this season while our squad is still limited, we'll have much more control over the situation next year when we will likely have at least 2 of Griezmann/Coutinho/Arthur.

JamDav1982

Chelsea will be tough. They will be toughest team Barca have faced this season bar maybe Real and even then prob been better.

They are very physical, have good defense, technical players and match winners.

Barca will have to be at best to beat them. The battle of the fullbacks be massive over those two legs.

serghei

We will score there and make our life easier. If we score there and come out unbeaten it's very very likely we go through. Chelsea is not as good as in the past, and they don't have the lean mean generation of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Essien, Ashley Cole etc. anymore. They're a completely new team, less of a defensive beast.

We'll beat them.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not afraid of Chelsea at all.

Btw. This thread is reserved for positive thinking so everyone who is pessimistic and whining kindly take it elsewhere.

Home of Barca Fans