Positive Thinking Cules

Andrew M

Dembele will stay fit.

Coutinho will bring a good mentality after winning a treble and finally play in his position.

Griezmann will also thrive without Messi and Suarez around.

Lautaro will surprise everyone and score 30+ goals.

We won't have 100m flops anymore.

Let's hope.

World hunger will be over.

No more war.

Trump will become an environmentalist and vegan.

Horatio

You're welcome
Dembele will stay fit.

Coutinho will bring a good mentality after winning a treble and finally play in his position.

Let's hope.

You be positive person dawg.

FC433

In one of the darkest moments in our history... .. our glimpse of hope decided to turn his back on us. Left us alone to our destiny. It might take a while, but we will be back.

Andrew M

In one of the darkest moments in our history... .. our glimpse of hope decided to turn his back on us. Left us alone to our destiny. It might take a while, but we will be back.

I remember in summer 2008 before the season started there wasn't too much optimism. More than now, but maybe things won't be as bad as we're predicting.

Andresito

Staff member
I remember in summer 2008 before the season started there wasn't too much optimism. More than now, but maybe things won't be as bad as we're predicting.

We have so much more deadweight now compared to then though. And a lot of players exploded after having mediocre year(s) in 2008.

Not a lot of players in current squad will become much better. We can hope Lenglet turns into Puyol/Marquez, Frenkie and Riqui become absolutely unplayable like Xavi/Iniesta and Griezmann makes an Henry after a disappointing first year. Could even hope Coutinho becomes the second coming of Ronaldinho lol. Hell maybe Roberto in his prime age of 28 becomes something special :lol:

In reality it looks very bleak, at least for another 1-2 seasons.

FC433

Hopefully.

We have so much more deadweight now compared to then though. And a lot of players exploded after having mediocre year(s) in 2008.

Not a lot of players in current squad will become much better. We can hope Lenglet turns into Puyol/Marquez, Frenkie and Riqui become absolutely unplayable like Xavi/Iniesta and Griezmann makes an Henry after a disappointing first year. Could even hope Coutinho becomes the second coming of Ronaldinho lol. Hell maybe Roberto in his prime age of 28 becomes something special :lol:

In reality it looks very bleak, at least for another 1-2 seasons.
It happens when you least expect it. But yes, on paper, it does not look good.

serghei

I just want to see the team without relying on Messi, see who steps up to the plate.

We will see some pluses and minuses.

Pluses:

- more speed on the counterattack
- more cohesion and better tactical plan, due to having players who work harder
- more stamina
- more movement up front to unlock defenses
- more pressing (translating to more recoveries in good positions, due to more errors by opponents when pressed)
- less individualism (or passing to friends more than others)

Minuses:

- less incredible goals
- less dribbling ability, to turn bad situations into goal chances
- less danger at set pieces
- less fear factor (this could also turn into an advantage, as teams will leave us more space thinking they can beat us)
- less play-making ability from individual actions

Will be interesting to see if we lose Messi and Suarez how will we look comparing with this last season. In terms of conceded goals, scored goals etc.

wisconsincule

Dembele will stay fit.

Let's hope.

Came here to post this exact thing minus the Lautaro part.

Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann lead us to a champions league victory. Barto leaves as the hero after all of his big money signings produce. :bartomeu:

Richard.H

I am perhaps the biggest pessimist in this forum, but assuming that every player buys into Koeman's plans I think we could perform better than what most users think. Assuming everyone runs, presses, and plays decisively, we could be in for a much better season than 19/20. It's been a while since I've seen Barca play as a team instead of ball going from defense -- > midfield ---> messi and suarez. I think we can finally see next season a more cohesive team that shares the ball more among eachother. I am also very excited how our Puig and Fati will develop, how De Jong takes more of a leadership role, and how our new look attack will be.

Forca Barca! :barcaflag:

kattanib

This is the perfect transition. We sold the old ones and didn?t buy much players. This year we test the youngsters and give them their chances and next year the new board start a project and buy the players they need for that project while also having a better understanding of the quality of our current youngsters. And our manager has balls. Couldn?t be happier

Andresito

Staff member
This is the perfect transition. We sold the old ones and didn?t buy much players. This year we test the youngsters and give them their chances and next year the new board start a project and buy the players they need for that project while also having a better understanding of the quality of our current youngsters. And our manager has balls. Couldn?t be happier

It depends. Will Pique, Roberto, Busi, Coutinho and Griezmann steal playing time from the younger players behind them just because they have the higher status?
In my opinion these players have as much to prove as players like Araujo, Dest, Riqui, Trincao and Pedri.

Home of Barca Fans