Positive Thinking Cules

E

Esteve

Espanyol lost. Sammy finally scored. Nice FK goal from Alves. Valdes proving he is a good GK.... Despite a draw, we extended our lead.

This is a great PTC post. It's all true & very positive. Unlike mine, which is VERY positive but maybe a tiny bit unrealistic?

Actually, no. My post will prove to be true.

beef-supreme

Okay I've come up with something PTC for myself. And for those who need it of course. As a result of our injuries and suspensions, we'll be going into the CL final as massive underdogs. But this will be the first time in the whole season that we have really been considered underdogs, and that will relieve a whole lot of pressure off us. We'll still be able to line up with a relatively strong starting XI, something like:

--------------- VV ----------------
Puyol - Piqué - Cáceres - Sylvinho
---- Xavi - Yaya - Keita ------
---- Messi - Eto'o - Bojan/Hleb ----

If we do this, we will likely have the steel in midfield to cover our defense, we'll still have our brilliant Piqué (possibly fueled a bit by vengeance too). I believe Messi will step up and carry the team, and one of Bojan and Hleb can be a surprise package. Sylvinho's crossing and attacking flair will be balanced out by Puyol's determination, and we'll still have a good team. If Henry feels alright, he can even make a second half entrance and snatch a goal for us too. The point is for us to get as much rest as possible before the final - and we will get it because we will no longer have any midweek fixtures after the Copa, and we will seal La Liga next weekend!

PTC!

maz

I walk the line
Okay I've come up with something PTC for myself. And for those who need it of course. As a result of our injuries and suspensions, we'll be going into the CL final as massive underdogs. But this will be the first time in the whole season that we have really been considered underdogs, and that will relieve a whole lot of pressure off us. We'll still be able to line up with a relatively strong starting XI, something like:

--------------- VV ----------------
Puyol - Piqué - Cáceres - Sylvinho
---- Xavi - Yaya - Keita ------
---- Messi - Eto'o - Bojan/Hleb ----

If we do this, we will likely have the steel in midfield to cover our defense, we'll still have our brilliant Piqué (possibly fueled a bit by vengeance too). I believe Messi will step up and carry the team, and one of Bojan and Hleb can be a surprise package. Sylvinho's crossing and attacking flair will be balanced out by Puyol's determination, and we'll still have a good team. If Henry feels alright, he can even make a second half entrance and snatch a goal for us too. The point is for us to get as much rest as possible before the final - and we will get it because we will no longer have any midweek fixtures after the Copa, and we will seal La Liga next weekend!

PTC!

Do u remember Moses was not allowed into the Promised Land because he lost the faith for a bit? Thats how i have been since hearing about don andrés's injury. I walked around the house like a zombie. However beef, u gave me back the faith. We still have a quality team. Tired, but quality. Hopefully we can win the copa.. And the CL is not lost. Thanks beef..

maz

I walk the line
Having scored in the injury time against Chelsea, does anyone think this is our season? If iniesta makes it for the CL then the rest he got during his injury will be a silver lining. Otherwise im sure pep would have played in in the Copa and then against mallorca. But the question is...is this our season?

beef-supreme

Do u remember Moses was not allowed into the Promised Land because he lost the faith for a bit? Thats how i have been since hearing about don andrés's injury. I walked around the house like a zombie. However beef, u gave me back the faith. We still have a quality team. Tired, but quality. Hopefully we can win the copa.. And the CL is not lost. Thanks beef..

:lol: Well I'm glad that you're out of your zombieness - if we can wrap up the title next week then we will have a team that is potentially not tired as well. Imagine if United are pushed to the last day of the Prem, having to fight it out for first place... But if we can have a good 10 day's rest for our key players...

Having scored in the injury time against Chelsea, does anyone think this is our season? If iniesta makes it for the CL then the rest he got during his injury will be a silver lining. Otherwise im sure pep would have played in in the Copa and then against mallorca. But the question is...is this our season?

What I was thinking to myself is that it's so unlike Barcelona to pull out an injury time 'winner', to fight back with 10 men and do something like this. In that case we might just do something so unlike us and go into the final and win as huge underdogs. You're completely right, what if Iniesta makes it back, and also Henry, and what if they just get some much-needed rest like this? Also, some of the players we will need to fill in will likely get more match practice this way, it's so lucky that the injury happened now and not in 2 weeks' time. There are positives...

shadows

I thought that we are in the midst of a history making season (similar to Utd's 99) till i heard Don Andres's injury! But yea thanks beef..for restoring the confidence back!

beef-supreme

I thought that we are in the midst of a history making season (similar to Utd's 99) till i heard Don Andres's injury! But yea thanks beef..for restoring the confidence back!

I think that we can still do it. We've put ourselves 3 matches away from a treble!
And you're welcome, it's always better to have everyone confident, :2145960713mundoemot we have to believe!

shadows

I think that we can still do it. We've put ourselves 3 matches away from a treble!
And you're welcome, it's always better to have everyone confident, :2145960713mundoemot we have to believe!

well Yea...But still AI's injury news would shatter anyone's confidence!

maz

I walk the line
:lol: Well I'm glad that you're out of your zombieness - if we can wrap up the title next week then we will have a team that is potentially not tired as well. Imagine if United are pushed to the last day of the Prem, having to fight it out for first place... But if we can have a good 10 day's rest for our key players...

What I was thinking to myself is that it's so unlike Barcelona to pull out an injury time 'winner', to fight back with 10 men and do something like this. In that case we might just do something so unlike us and go into the final and win as huge underdogs. You're completely right, what if Iniesta makes it back, and also Henry, and what if they just get some much-needed rest like this? Also, some of the players we will need to fill in will likely get more match practice this way, it's so lucky that the injury happened now and not in 2 weeks' time. There are positives...

Fact is its just 90 minutes. Anything can happen in 90 minutes.. (or 120..but i doubt it will be 0-0).

beef-supreme

well Yea...But still AI's injury news would shatter anyone's confidence!
True, but we still have some of the world's best players on our squad :beer2:

Fact is its just 90 minutes. Anything can happen in 90 minutes.. (or 120..but i doubt it will be 0-0).

Precisely! In a final, everything changes. All of our players will be 100% fired up, and ready to throw their bodies on the line. :pep: will make sure it happens.

maz

I walk the line
We still have xavi, messi, eto'o, touré, piqué, valdés, sylvinho, puyol.

-------------:valdes:----------------
:puyol:------:pique:----xxxx-------:sylvinho:

-------------:toure:----------------
---------:xavi:-----:busquets:-----------

:messi:------------------------xxxx
--------------:etoo:--------------

Thats pretty strong if u ask me...

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Indeed, but i'm sure everyone will agree that Iniesta has taken over from Messi's early season brilliance. We really need Messi to perform and i'm sure he will.

Home of Barca Fans