Positive Thinking Cules

BarçaBarça

I keep thinking that when we get these good results, not playing up to our best, we really are in for some awesome things, when Valverde fix the puzzle in attack! :)

Messi983

I'll post this here and leave Chelsea matchday thread and EV thread to all negative thinking cules.

We only have one more game in Hlebruary and then two most busiest and months when we usually lose the most energy (unneccessary if wou ask BBZ etc.... :)) will be over. So far, so good. We are qualified for the 5th consecutive Copa final, have a good lead in La Liga and very good result from the away game in London against Chelsea. Sure, everything is not perfect but things are rarely perfect in football, sport and life in general. But if someone would ask me in August if I'd be ok with our current situation at the end of February I'd sign this immediately. And most of the naysayers probably as well so instead of thinking about how we're looking old, tired, predictable blablabla I'll give a credit to EV and players for what they've accomplished so far and I also look into near future with optimism.

Here is our schedule for the next month...

24 February: Barcelona vs Girona
1 March: Las Palmas vs Barcelona
4 March: Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
10 March: Malaga vs Barcelona
14 March: Barcelona vs Chelsea
17/18 March: Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

We should take every opponent seriously but I think we should make (smart) rotations over the next two games and still win both so advantage over Atletico should stay at least 7 points before the derby though AM is playing at Pizjuan on Sunday and maybe we can hope they'll drop points there as well. If we'll have (at least) 7 points advantage then I'm pretty optimistic about our chances to also beat Atletico at home because Simeone will have to play for a win instead of just sitting back and that should play to our favour. Also, for all the troubles and being eliminated against them in CL we usually got positive results against Atletico in La Liga. Getting a point would also be good (at least better for us than AM) but if we win and will have 10+ points advantage after derby I think Atletico will give up on title hopes and concentrate more on Europa League so even if we'll drop more points and eventually lose in the last 2,5 months of the season that shouldn't be a problem anymore. If we win against Atletico I think we could afford to rest some players against Malaga and then take care of Chelsea at home.

After those games listed above there is international break which is usually not a good news for us but as long as we can avoid longterm injuries I still believe we'll be in a good position coming into April. Also, another positive news is that Messi will stay in Europe this time with his NT so he won't have to travel to South America. I know BBZ and others will blame tiredness after playing Copa games for that collapse in 2016 that almost made us lose La Liga title and eliminated us from the CL as well but I think MSN going to South America and playing some games there at high attitude were what really made us struggle the most. I think Suarez will participate with Uruguay in a friendly tournament in China so that's not ideal but still much better than playing highly competitive qualifying games that take much energy, especially in South America where almost every game is played on life or death.

After international break we're going to Pizjuan which is always a tough game and this could happen 3 or 4 days before our potential CL quarterfinal game. That's why I think getting out of AM derby with 10 or more points advantage is crucial for the rest of our season. After Sevilla we also play Celta away but we also have 5 out of the last 8 league games at home. It's true opponents are Valencia, Villarreal and Madrid amongst others but it's better to play them at Camp Nou. Anyway, we already got 7 points against those teams in away games (should be 9 out of 9 if we wouldn't be robbed at Mestalla) and if we can repeat that at home it should be more than enough. Depor or Levante away could be dangerous as well if they'll still fight against the relegation at the time we'll play them but it's possible we'll already have title wrapped up so those games won't really matter much for us except for maybe staying unbeaten in La Liga if we can keep our streak by then.

Last edited:

Messi983

Important win against Atletico, we shouldn't become complacent but I believe La Liga title is very close. :barcascarf:

I also believe in both legends from my avatar to provide when needed during Iniesta's absence. :cool:

MagIX

Very importat 3 points ! Well done Barca !!

But reading the forum it seems that if give some credit to EV and you do not consider him a shit you are not a true fan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Last international break before the end of season and we couldn't be in better position.

11 points lead in La Liga, Copa final and easiest opponent in Champions League. Coutinho fits us like a glove and kid Dembele is putting in some promising performances.

Even for Barca standards it's hard to remember when we were in such a great position in March.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barça have gone behind NINE times in LaLiga this season and come back to draw or win EVERY TIME.

:barcascarf:

JamDav1982

It's called winner mentality if Real does it, but Barca.. LUCK! :lol:

Proud of our boys, La Liga is one step closer :)

It is luck and shit defending from opposition but to be fair we should expect Barca to win every week anyway so nothing special.

I only wish Barca had the champion spirit of Real Madrid and The Hurricanes.

TEKNYK

The Positive Thinking Cules (PTC) movement is universal...however i thought i should make a topic about it here to explain it all. It started on Jan 2008 when the club was going through a bad patch and many cules were bitching about anything and everything. I decided what they needed was a place where anything positive that happened at the club could be talked about. So I created PTC. You can join and leave PTC whenever you wish. Its just a way to rally all the positivity about fcb in one place, but to try and spread that positivity amongst as many cules as possible.

força barça!

The PTC 10 commandements:

1 Do not support any team other than Barcelona (although admiration for a lowly team like Lewes FC is allowed)
2 Have some sort of PTC-related image/quote in your signature
3 Do not talk about negative things related to Barcelona in the PTC topic
4 Keep the matchday holy. If watching the game on tv, allow yourself adequate time to purchase and prepare nachos, pizza, lager etc.
5 Honour joan gamper and maz - the father of the club and the father of PTC respectively
6 Do not murder a fellow PTC member
7 Do not covet your neighbour's team (in other words...if madrid are doing better than barcelona do not wish you were a madridista. Barcelona's time to shine will come)
8 Support the team and make sure u do your best to the keep up with the events of the game whether it is at the camp nou, on television, on the radio or live updates
9 Spread the word of PTC worldwide
10 Keep the faith!

One example of a PTC logo is the one in my signature. To put the same logo in your signature, type the following into your signature (To do this, click Control Panel, then click Profile and go to "edit signature"):

[ img ]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1613/faith2ql8.jpg[ /img ] but delete the spaces in the img tags.

Of course you can have any logo or even just a PTC phrase in your signature.

Maz oh mazz ... where fort are thou?!

Home of Barca Fans