Positive Thinking Cules

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So a loss at Anoeta is Barca's lowest point again two seasons in a row? :pep: What a magical stadium. Last time we've came back with a bang, and it was against Atletico too. I believe in this team.

vlad

against sociedad, that was a last lost match in this season, la liga is no worry, barca will go in CL semifinal, get wolfsburg there, for copa del rey final, im not so sure, que sera sera

Gaudi

If we beat AM in wednesday we'll be back on track. This loss could be good for us as others will start to feel they can beat us in open game...and MSN won't be out of form for a long time, because class is permanent.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Yesterday felt like s*it, but honestly - we were due to a bit of bad form. It's a bit dissapointing, but there's no one else who can turn it around better than these guys. Epic turnaround around the corner, whole team finding their form again and beasting it to the end of the season.

El Flaco

Not even the greatest Barcelona side under Pep actually manage to take a victory at Anoeta...

When we (hopefully) win the Liga, people won't bother the loss from yesterday.

MasChe

Well it's what it is. Everybody needs few days now to calm a bit. We still have two important trophies to fight for. Our team is still the best for me, but there are factors that are just bigger. Our team played the most games than any other club, with probably the most restricted bench than any other top club. This great team spoiled us, and we should be eternally grateful for all the moments of happiness they provided.
Visca Barça, and let's finish this season in style!!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2009: Treble
2010: Lost CL, won La Liga by 3 points
2011: CL

2015: Treble
2016: Lost CL, 3 points ahead in La Liga
2017: :IfYouKnowWhatIMean:

:)

Well it's what it is. Everybody needs few days now to calm a bit. We still have two important trophies to fight for. Our team is still the best for me, but there are factors that are just bigger. Our team played the most games than any other club, with probably the most restricted bench than any other top club. This great team spoiled us, and we should be eternally grateful for all the moments of happiness they provided.
Visca Barça, and let's finish this season in style!!!

:worthy:

And thanx for posting guys :cheers:

dakt

Yeah, well...I said earlier in the season I would be happy with la liga only, but as the momentum builds up, you start to believe that we just might do it again...and then the dream collapses.
Yes, let's win la liga...but before that, I need some good sleep, I'm tired of football. Good night.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Real Madrid and Atletico both have CL to still fight for whilst we can just concentrate on the league whilst being 3 points clear with better h2h results on top........lets do this, Visca el Barca!!!!!

Kohe321

I feel strangely okay with us being out. I've probably been unconciously preparing for it having seen our form drop and drop over the past weeks.

Let's be honest, with our current form the chances of us progressing through the semis to the final would be very low, and all it then would serve us was 180 more minutes of intense matches that could end up zapping what little energy we had left for the Liga and CDR. Not having to play two more intense mid-week games, with the mental and physical drain that it involves for everyone just before the weekened Liga matches, could actually be what ultimately makes us secure the LL title. Don't forget, winning the league is one of the biggest things you can win.

It wasn't meant to be this season. It's hard to win the CL back to back, the team just looks exhausted - and when you're exhausted you need some enormous motivation to push through it. I am sure that if you asked every one of our players whether or not they were motivated to win against Atletico, they would all answer "yes!" without a moments hesitation, but subconciously that "fire" that they all had last season before the treble just isn't there right now. And that's just a fact of life and completely understandable no matter how frustrating it is to us fans.

(The exception might be Suarez, but he's a special case in this regard. :) )

Add to this the fact that we are in a big slump with regards to form and synergy between the players, and the result yesterday doesn't come as a surprise. Atletico deservedly went through.

So in short, keep your heads up and be glad we have a team that still is in competition for two major trophies, and who just some months ago gave us the happiness of winning the treble. It could definitely be worse... :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans