Positive Thinking Cules

Cule4life

The Culest
Finally im here. After much depression the elections have given me hope. Thank you little dictator for getting rid of the board for us. Now get rid of Lucho and you will get two statues outside camp nou instead of one and a lifetime supply of coke for both you and Thiago :pep:

(Though im not holding my breath as i wouldnt be surprised if Farto is elected again or Villarubi wins by his influence)

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
No idea where to put this but it's positive .

“@barcastuff: For the first time in the 21st century, Barcelona have scored 5+ goals in 3 consecutive Camp Nou games #fcblive [via @barca19stats]”

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No idea where to put this but it's positive .

“@barcastuff: For the first time in the 21st century, Barcelona have scored 5+ goals in 3 consecutive Camp Nou games #fcblive [via @barca19stats]”

To me that is meaningless. We can score 5 or 6 goals in every home game and lose/tie in many, if not most of our away games and we will get nowhere.

Adrian

So this thread was never more necessary...

Anyway, the best time to plant a tree was 5 years ago. The second best time is now. So although it sucks we are in this slump, at least now we have begun the task of getting out of it.

I

instinct

I guess it's time to see some posts in this beauty of a thread again.

A few weeks ago our club was a mess, not only sporting wise but also everything else went wrong.
The year started with a shocking match at the Anoeta. Even though we didn't win there for 3 (?) consecutive seasons, we expected a better result especially because Real dropped points earlier.
As if the loss wasn't enough, Lucho's decision to bench Neymar and Messi caused a huge mess within the club. Arguments among the players, rumours about an ultimatum for Lucho etc.
Who would've thought that we would celebrate an 11 game winning streak with the best football this club has seen in a while just weeks after this nightmare of a week?

Nearly everyone of us called for Lucho's head a few weeks. He was a clueless and stubborn coach who had no plan whatsoever. The league was practially lost to RM because they were performing beyond amazing. Several players didn't perform well and the problems caused by the board were just the icing of the cake.

Now we're here. We're just one point behind Real (with a Clasico at the Camp Nou still to play) and our performances have reached a level nobody even could have dreamt of. Messi is the alien everyone wanted to see again. All this negative talk about him declining is finally gone. Neymar proves his worth and the level he currently performs on is simply amazing. Suarez is getting better with every game. He provides great assists, his support role suits the team perfectly and he is slowly starting to score goals.
Rakitic and Alves who had problems in the 1st half of the season are performing incredibly well. Who would've thought that Alves could perform well for us again? I didn't.
The mentality in the dressing room seems to be great too. The team has an insane momentum and everyone seems to be happy. What impressed me the most was the moral shown by our players after conceding. In 2 games vs Villareal we immediately bounced back and regained our solid lead. Would this have been possible under Tata? I very much doubt it.

Nobody knows how far we'll go in the CL or if we'll beat Real to win the league. The Copa final is anything but won. We could be left without any title in summer but at the moment we should enjoy what the team is giving us. It's great to see that Culés are finally enjoying their team again. I wrote a post some months ago where I complained about being bored during our matches but this feeling has finally gone. As long as the team continues giving us joy, I'll be happy because that's what football is all about in my opinion.
The feeling that players like Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Neymar, Suarez, Masche etc. could lift a trophy in a few months, the feeling to see the players happy is a great feeling. Let's hope that we all can celebrate titles together because this team certainly deserves it, for all the shit it had to go through for several years now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well said mate. I've rarely enjoyed Barca this much in recent years.
Let's just appreciate the attractive football and moment we're in and leave worrying about trophies to someone else.

Antimadridista1

Well said dude ! I'll be in Barcelona this w-e to watch the team, and I will definitely enjoy it as much as possible. We're in a good form right now, let's hope we can keep it up and perform at a high level in the next big fixtures.

Visca Barca !

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Copa Final!
We're in the final 3rd of the season and going strong on all fronts. By playing good football as well.

Happy times :)

Home of Barca Fans