Positive Thinking Cules

i_bleed_blaugrana

I wish I could be more optimistic but that loss was a bit unsettling to me. The only thing that can really save this club right now is just Neymar, Messi and Suarez all magically staying fit and in form all season and dragging this team to the finish line. Here's a few thoughts I've had:

-The proverbial roosters are coming home and the willy-nilly, nostalgic dreamland fantasy that pushes this club forward nowadays is creating a lot of structural problems to the team. New coaches, new players, new tactics won't do any good until we truly identify a long-term plan for this club. The board and the players are suffering from delusions of grandeur right now instead of being honest with what is going on with the club. Its clear that Zubi, Barto and co. really don't have a real vision for where this club is going in the future and are doing nothing more than plugging stopgaps and sticking their heads in the sand, hoping money will magically fix this club. So until we have a real cohesive long term plan for what this club is going to do on the sporting side of things, its impossible for us to achieve our true potential. The way this club is being run right now seems awfully familiar to precisely the team who is on top right now no more than a decade ago: Real Madrid. After dominating the game for the last 5 years on the back of their homegrown legend in the likes of Raul, to fill the gap they decided to usher in the Galactico era and it ended up in disappointment after disappointment and they grew further away from the winning identity that made them great in the late 90s. We are in an extremely similar situation right now and whats frustrating is that its all because we have abandoned certain principles that were the foundation of our success

-The real truth in the manner is that with all of ^^ that considered, it is inevitable that this is how things will go until 2016 at least and there isn't much Lucho can do about it. Right now, Lucho is trying to do a lot of good things but there is so much negative inertia right now that it is nearly impossible to overcome. Over the last five years, we pushed away the man who gave this club unparalleled success but then thought we could still do the things he did with the same sort of results. It makes me sick to my stomach that right now I enjoy watching Bayern more than Barca, mainly because of a lack of willing to adapt and be flexible.

-This club needs people right now that are honest with the direction this club is heading and can realize that just doing a few simple, intuitive things that make sporting clubs succeed is all this club needs.

Der Kaiser

... anybody here?

I´m so sick of reading this forum at the moment. The negativity and player/coach bashing... I haven´t watched too many games this season due to work/uni schedule but looking at the table, things could be worse.
We´re in a slump right now, but it´s still early in the season. Titles aren´t being won in autumn, they are won in spring! Plenty of time to turn things around...
We have the best attack in the world once they´re used to eachother. We have many defenders to chose from, a luxury we haven´t had for years. I like what I´ve seen from Rakitic so far, I think he´ll be an important player in the future.

These "fans" that are furiously ranting about how shit our team and Lucho are after 2 losses in a row... calm the fuck down. The losing team always learns more than the winning team, and we´ve been winning for so long that the others have caught up. Now it´s our turn to learn from our mistakes and improve. If you´re not willing to stick to our players and the philosphy of this club during the hard times, go support the new hot clubs, like Bayern or PSG or whoever.

I´m really not happy about what´s going on here lately. I dont post very often but read almost daily, and almost every Barca related thread is soaked in negativity. Can we please start looking at the positives? I think this is the right thread for it.

L

linetty

>new board in summer
>no zubi
>vertical stripes kit design
>no barto
>no zubi
>did i mention no zubi

PTC

Kohe321

Indeed, if this ends up being the reason why elections are held in 2015, then it's completely worth it IMO. Save the money for someone who knows what they are doing.

Neymessi

Really need an optimistic and motivating post in this thread amongst all this negativity and chaos in the club.Can someone please help me look at the brighter side of things:cry:

frog-fcb

Ok positive post we should not have anymore of zubis incompetent signings. the money we will save over the next couple of windows will help.to reduce some of our debt a bit. but the best bit is the ban can help.us get back to our roots of bringing players up through the academy to the first team the way we used to be like its only a few years to from.we had 11 la masia graduates on the pitch

aondoe

I think tgere is a lot to be positive about. The team just finished 1st place on Champions League, is still #2 in Laa Liga only one point behind "the strongest team in Europe", you have 3 of the most potent attackers assembled in front;a world class left back and 2 amazing keepers. A midfield the world still fears (everyone parks the bus) Dont forget masche and busquets who would start for any elite team in Europe. Barcelona are far from done!

aondoe

By the way this is a wonderful thread. It's timely and very much needed. The sky is always falling somewhere on the internet, and we just happen to be in one of those places. There js nothing that deserves credit or respect. Nothing deserves nuance or patience just derision ridicule. Look at player pages. You'll see the same people pop up over and over only when certain players have bad games. Its not enough to not like a certain player's playing style they have to appear and reappear to remind everyone why so and so is a flop shouldnt have been bought etc.

Same thing with the coach. He's lost two games... half way through the season with a team that wasnt to his own choice. He needs time. The same fans casting out Lucho are the same ones who are cLoing for tata even they wanted him gone prematurely. I know this is a positive thread but, i have to get it out.

L

linetty

>new board in summer
>̶̵n̵̶̶̵o̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵z̵̶̶̵u̵̶̶̵b̵̶i
>vertical stripes kit design
>no barto
>̶̵n̵̶̶̵o̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵z̵̶̶̵u̵̶̶̵b̵̶i
>̶̵d̵̶̶̵i̵̶̶̵d̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵i̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵m̵̶̶̵e̵̶̶̵n̵̶̶̵t̵̶̶̵i̵̶̶̵o̵̶̶̵n̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵n̵̶̶̵o̵̶̶̵ ̵̶̶̵z̵̶̶̵u̵̶̶̵b̵̶i

PTC
okay, 3 points off the list. keep faith.

Home of Barca Fans