Ezequiel Lavezzi "El Pocho"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lavezzi scored such a beauty tonight. Still can't find a vid, should be up by tomorrow.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
not only the game, he raped milans defence all game long...

great player no doubt, imho together with Hamsik the best players napoli has... Cavani is so god damn overrated...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx for posting it Povikas.

I don't know Pajo. He seems to be doing quite well this season.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Lavezzi and Hamsik, my two favourtie players, showing the world what they can do.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I don't know Pajo. He seems to be doing quite well this season.

he was bro, at the begining.. I said this before, good start at Napoli doesnt mean anything, i said few gameweeks before that he will start to fade eventually... and i was right, he was one of the worst napoli players yesterday.. Cavani is average at best.. he may improve of course, he is yet 23, but so far, i can say one of the most overrated serie a players...

as for lavezzi, he is kinda underrated.. he is hard worker with everything that is needed of great player... Cavani ourscored him in the begining of the season, and everyone was hyping him, while lavezzi stayed underrated, and imho he was much more essencial to napoli than cavani is :) Hamsik too...

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Stunning goal. I noticed he´s very, very quick too...seems to be an excellent player to me.

V

vlucia

Anyone who thinks Lavezzi is that good because he can dribble several players either doesn't know him well or understands football in a different way.

Other than dribbling, his shooting is bad and his passes are inconsistent. The worst part is his lack of tactical intelligence though. He just dribbles and dribbles with head down and is not good in cooperating with his teamates. There are many times he could pass the ball to Cavani or Hamsik who are in a better position and have better shoot tec. than him, he chooses to shoot and his shots are that bad that they are never on target...

Someone mentioned Cavani. Cavani plays a different position and is a different type of player. It's not suitable to compare Cavani and Lavezzi. However, players like Lavezzi (a fantasista player like Messi) showed their talent at a very early age. If they are champions, they are already are at the age of 25-26 (Lavezz's age). Cavani is a striker, a center forward, players of this position can mature at a late age. Milito made his name only n the last 2 years, Forlan was considered a "flop" at Cavani's age. Not to mention the likes of Luca Toni who played in Serie B at the age of 23. Even Torres and Ibra began to score much more after 23. Cavani has got for two continous seasons 15 goals/each which are good numbers for someonw of his age. Othan than absolute champions, not many have scored that much at 21-23 in Serie A.Donno which level Cavani can reach in a few years but he should have great room for improvement.

Lavezzi on the other hand, is at his pick, if you observe him closely, his dribbling is more dependent on his speed than his technique. At this age he is at his pick, because if his speed declines, he can't do what he does now and he doesn't have vision and passes and shoots. He is just a good player, last year he made 4 assists+8 goals. Tactically he is not appropiate for a great team even if he is now at his pick. And he is not very consistent. He played like yesteray once in 10-15 games

B

beautifulgame

Anyone who thinks Lavezzi is that good because he can dribble several players either doesn't know him well or understands football in a different way.

Other than dribbling, his shooting is bad and his passes are inconsistent. The worst part is his lack of tactical intelligence though. He just dribbles and dribbles with head down and is not good in cooperating with his teamates. There are many times he could pass the ball to Cavani or Hamsik who are in a better position and have better shoot tec. than him, he chooses to shoot and his shots are that bad that they are never on target...

Someone mentioned Cavani. Cavani plays a different position and is a different type of player. It's not suitable to compare Cavani and Lavezzi. However, players like Lavezzi (a fantasista player like Messi) showed their talent at a very early age. If they are champions, they are already are at the age of 25-26 (Lavezz's age). Cavani is a striker, a center forward, players of this position can mature at a late age. Milito made his name only n the last 2 years, Forlan was considered a "flop" at Cavani's age. Not to mention the likes of Luca Toni who played in Serie B at the age of 23. Even Torres and Ibra began to score much more after 23. Cavani has got for two continous seasons 15 goals/each which are good numbers for someonw of his age. Othan than absolute champions, not many have scored that much at 21-23 in Serie A.Donno which level Cavani can reach in a few years but he should have great room for improvement.

Lavezzi on the other hand, is at his pick, if you observe him closely, his dribbling is more dependent on his speed than his technique. At this age he is at his pick, because if his speed declines, he can't do what he does now and he doesn't have vision and passes and shoots. He is just a good player, last year he made 4 assists+8 goals. Tactically he is not appropiate for a great team even if he is now at his pick. And he is not very consistent. He played like yesteray once in 10-15 games

Nice post brother, please stick around.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak

valid points mate, but i dont agree with them, not mostly... :)

Lavezzi is center forward as well... He aint winger or something... He is just versatile, just like Cavani. Lavezzi is misued, but he is a professional and doesnt complain. When he play as CF, he shines, when he plays on the wing or as AM, he is average-good. Plus, his dribbling technique is more than good, doenst rely on speed that much, like you say. Have you seen his turning? That's something you cant learn, it is talent. He doesnt scores much, because, as i said he is misused. Plus, he had quite injury problems in the past year or two, that means much when someone is supposed to come in his pick...

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
he is not old either ;)

I am not saying he is world class or something... too bad he didint become one because of varoius positions, i like him even before he came to Serie A... I was just saying he is much better than Cavani, AND if used correctly can be of great benefit to every team...

Home of Barca Fans