Ezequiel Lavezzi "El Pocho"

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
great player great pace very messi like almost cant tell the difference from a far but he looks alot more argetinian than messi
lavezzi.jpg

messi-lionel_9625.jpg

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
According to Gazzetta Dello Sport Liverpool have made a 22 mil bid for Lavezzi and Napoli have already rejected the bid. I like the game of this lad very much. I think he can be a superb addition to the Barca squad. The main key is his versatility. This guy can play on both wings, play as a striker and second striker and even an attacking midfielder. So signing Lavezzi is like signing more than one player.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes we bid £20m for him which was rejected but the Napoli chairman hasn't shut the door on us. I suspect if we offer £20m plus a player like Leto - Napoli could use a left winger - then they'd accept.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
hm.

20m+ for lavezzi? oh my.

I suspect he's the player rafa was talking about when he said "we may break our transfer record" - how much did torres cost? 26m?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Torres cost £20m He would have cost £6m more if we kept Garcia.

Though I can't say I know much about the guy but I have seen a few clips of him and he does look like he has good potential - but alas I trust Rafa's judgement on him.

Also Rafa never said the words he would break the transfer record. More like we will spend that money on 2 or 3 players.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Torres cost £20m He would have cost £6m more if we kept Garcia.

Though I can't say I know much about the guy but I have seen a few clips of him and he does look like he has good potential - but alas I trust Rafa's judgement on him.

Also Rafa never said the words he would break the transfer record. More like we will spend that money on 2 or 3 players.

I'm fairly sure he's quoted as saying "maybe we will break our transfer record, not manchester united's, but ours" aside from his insistence united spend too much money (and then pointing out they had berbatov, SCHOLES and GIGGS on the bench against liverpool, lmao) which while true only hides his own expenditure, that does seem to indicate that 20m could be surpassed.

and if 20m for lavezzi was rejected, 22m may not be.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
PLUS A PLAYER(S) meta ;) We have many players I am sure Napoli would take off our hands and seeing as Lavezzi will sooner or later demand to go to a bigger club I think Napoli would take the money plus a player or 2.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
possibly. but it's also possible that, rather than thinning his squad out, he could just offer an extra 2m or so. thus breaking his transfer record which is what he said he may do.

anyway lavezzi would be an interesting purchase. he's 24 so not exactly a kid anymore, and would he play regularly? I'm 99% sure he wouldn't displace torres, kuyt or gerrard from your First XI. and I do think that riera is to rafa what fletcher is to fergie.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think he would strengthen our squad and give us options up front - something our competitors in the prem have over us. So in that sense he would be a good signing.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Liverpool have 3 strikers, Torres N'Gog and Kuyt plus Gerrard, but definately need one more so I think it's a toss up between Tevez and Lavezzi.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he would be our next maxi Lopez! hahaha i would be very happy to see him come to Barça

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Aurelio De Laurentiis is at it again, he's having another one man war of words with eze Lavezzi freaking hilarious this guy.

"We are equipped to deal without Lavezzi, partially too,'' he said. "Lavezzi wants to re-examine his financial position but that is not possible because it's not as if he got us into the Champions League or Europa League, so what does he want?

"Sport should be an image of manners and serve as an example and what image are we giving if then these values are betrayed?

"And for what, for seven goals? Lavezzi scored seven goals, it's not as if he scored 27. He's a sporadic player. He's not the new Maradona and his return does not help the team, him or the result.

"For the moment the club remains on its position, we haven't made a mistake, it's who leaves the squad to go away who makes the mistake; if an actor had behaved like him he would have been eaten.''

Home of Barca Fans