Real Madrid Theme Park

beef-supreme

This is just the funniest thing I have seen in a very, very long time. From garbage.com:

Florentino Perez Confirms Plans To Build Real Madrid Theme Park
The theme park will show the world what los Merengues are all about...

The idea of a Real Madrid theme park was first mooted at the start of September, and president Florentino Perez has now revealed that plans for "a type of Disneyland" will go ahead.

"[The idea is to build] a Real Madrid-themed park in a wonderful area of 110 hectares," Perez explained to Marca.

The land has reportedly been given over to the project by the local council in Valdebebas, on the east side of Madrid, where the club's training centre is located, with the idea that the park will promote tourism in the city.

It will reportedly attract "millions of people" every year and will show them "what the club represents".

Previous reports have suggested that the first phase could cost in excess of €150 million, while offshoots of the theme park could be constructed in Beijing and Miami.

If all goes to plan, it is believed that construction will start on the project as soon as spring 2010.

:lol:

Beast

The Observer
It was discussed before in Real Madrid topic (4 weeks ago or something) and i'm fully behind anything that milk money & doesn't affect the sporting side .

beef-supreme

Ah I wasn't aware that it was discussed before. Well it's a bit like Barca toons I suppose, still hilarious though, it's more the thought of giant inflated Raúls that amuse me.

Beast

The Observer
Ah I wasn't aware that it was discussed before. Well it's a bit like Barca toons I suppose, still hilarious though, it's more the thought of giant inflated Raúls that amuse me.

See you are a target of our marketing team, u won't go cause you are a Madrid fan but you will go out of interest and to laugh on lets say Guti ghost train as a cule ..
in any case you will pay the ticket either way .. it will work brilliantly in my marketing opinion

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
See you are a target of our marketing team, u won't go cause you are a Madrid fan but you will go out of interest and to laugh on lets say Guti ghost train as a cule ..
in any case you will pay the ticket either way .. it will work brilliantly in my marketing opinion

That would scare the shit out of me :eek: still think it's ridiculous, just adds to the image of Real as overhyped inflated egos, I do not think I will be visiting.

Why do they need a rollercoaster do they not watch their team ?

:lol: :lol:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Why would someone go in just to laugh at the attractions?

You watch pictures, you watch YouTube if you want to laugh with the park, but HELL I ain't gonna pay just to see how ridiculous it is.

Beast

The Observer
Why would someone go in just to laugh at the attractions?

You watch pictures, you watch YouTube if you want to laugh with the park, but HELL I ain't gonna pay just to see how ridiculous it is.

Ain't nothing like the real thing ;)
it's like saying watching the game on TV/ youtube or see the pictures is like going to the stadium ..

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Nah it's different Beast. The cost of going there and paying to get in is money into Real's pocket. I'm with Gnegneri on this, as a cule I don't see why any Barca fan, and possibly many others, would pay just to go and laugh at it. If the theme park was really good in terms of rides etc then maybe I'd consider it if I was in Madrid.

J

Jordzibob

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This made me burst out laughing, what a hilarious idea. I want a ride on the ghost train, visiting the Perez house of horrors will be so much fun.....careful of the huuuge drop at the end of it though......splat, there goes the Madrid train

Home of Barca Fans