Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Diogo28

Stop talking about Guardiola. We all like him a lot, but lets be realistic:
A coach like him wouldnt come only for a few weeks. He is one of the best and its unfair offer him the job until Tito's back, no matter how good he manages the team or not.
A solution like Jordi Roura or maybe L. Enrique is more reasonable.

This is Tito thread, lets show support to him and not talk about replacements.

oz187

I doubt Guardiola will come back for only a few weeks. It's too much hassle and change for everyone. Jordi Roura I imagine will be the caretaker manager, and depending on how things work they may draft in Luis Enrique. From the statement seems they'll see how he's coping with the chemo and if he's doing ok may come back in January sometime. But tbh that's most likely in the last week or 2 of the chemo rather than the first couple of weeks so he'll hopefully be back in Feruary.

poldep

Having chemo and radiation will most likely mean that he will be out for months. His job requires a lot of travelling and tbh he does have family he also has to think about. Barca is important, very important but his health should always be number 1.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't want Pep back now. His heart won't be in it, let him coach elsewhere as he wants. He's a student of the game. We can't pretend every great coach is going to be the next Fergie who stays forever; it just doesn't happen outside of England, and even in England I doubt it happens anymore due to the culture of big money, big pressure.

Luis Enrique would be the perfect caretaker.

B

Barca4life

A few points to consider

1) In as much i would love to see Tito back in a few weeks, it doesn't look likely based on the information circulating. The last time he had this scare it was operated on and he was ok. Today, we have learnt that he will be operated on and then do chemo. That's different. I've never done chemo but from research, i don't think Tito can handle chemo and the demands of being FCB's coach. This is a 24 hour job.
2) I see a replacement for a period of 3-6 months. i can only see Pep working out as this replacement, because he's the only person that can demand the respect of the players. The players will not respect Luis Enrique after a few poor outings. I love luis enrique. this is a very important decision for Rowsell.

Home of Barca Fans