Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

ceefoo

Descansa en pau Tito!

It's only now that he is gone do we fully realise the titanic battle he had with this disease and what a great man we've lost.

As we hear the tributes from players, coaches and peers we begin to appreciate how highly thought of Tito was as a Coach, and as a person.

I myself was often critical of Tito for not taking time off when the illness returned and not being able to - what I considered at the time - commit 100%. When I read Jupp Heynckes words about Tito when he dedicated his 2013 Manager of the Year Award to him, it was remarkable what he did achieve with the club in his first season with all the obstacles he had to overcome.

Getting to become FC Barcelona Head-Coach was the proud, fulfilment of his dream and leading them to a record "100 points" to win La Liga with style and integrity in his first season in charge is an achievement that will never be forgotten and probably, never bettered. It is something all culés owe a debt of gratitude for.

Tito loved Barca so much that he often put the clubs priorities before himself. I can't help thinking that the stress of continuing to coach the team contributed to his ill health and eventual relapse. What if "this" happened? Maybe he'd still be alive!? :(

Tito's devotion to his beloved club was unquestionable. He truly loved Barça, and for that - we love him :love: and he'll forever hold a special place on our hearts.

Per Sempre Etern

CatalinR10

Carvajal (Real Madrid): "Happy for the win, the goal and for being able to dedicate it to Tito and his family"

BmLawXZCUAEIRag.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think it's #2 in the wall, who kicks the ball away in frustration after the goal. I also recognize Ronaldo, Vitor Baia and is that Xavi with #4, furthest player on the left in the gif?

Edit: I don't think it's Ronaldo, too short. Also, Jose Mourinho was the Barca coach in this match.

Last edited:

ceefoo

Puyol is 5th from the left (wearing No.2). The only player crazy and courageous enough to head a ball travelling at 70mph+ :lol:

Love Tito's reserved celebration. :wub: Obviously had mixed feelings scoring against the love of his life.

It's only now that he is gone do we fully realise the titanic battle he had with this disease and what a great man we've lost.

As we hear the tributes from players, coaches and peers we begin to appreciate how highly thought of Tito was as a Coach, and as a person.

I myself was often critical of Tito for not taking time off when the illness returned and not being able to - what I considered at the time - commit 100%. When I read Jupp Heynckes words about Tito when he dedicated his 2013 Manager of the Year Award to him, it was remarkable what he did achieve with the club in his first season with all the obstacles he had to overcome.

Getting to become FC Barcelona Head-Coach was the proud, fulfilment of his dream and leading them to a record "100 points" to win La Liga with style and integrity in his first season in charge is an achievement that will never be forgotten and probably, never bettered. It is something all culés owe a debt of gratitude for.

Tito loved Barca so much that he often put the clubs priorities before himself. I can't help thinking that the stress of continuing to coach the team contributed to his ill health and eventual relapse. What if "this" happened? Maybe he'd still be alive!? :(

Tito's devotion to his beloved club was unquestionable. He truly loved Barça, and for that - we love him :love: and he'll forever hold a special place on our hearts.

Per Sempre Etern

Yeah, I also can't help but think that not having to deal with the stress of coaching Barca could have prevented all this :cry:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tito didn't really celebrate the goal either...BTW, do freekicks like that inside the area even exist anymore?

Home of Barca Fans