Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Like I've said before, I don't have anything against him and respect him as a person for beating cancer and all, but he isn't up for the job and needs to go. Tactics and motivation have been big problems for us this season, especially in big games. Guess who's job those are? Remember the away game against Bayern? We were getting hammered and Tito doesn't make any changes until the 83rd minute. :facepalm:

We lost 4-0 because of shit tactics and no changes until the 83rd minute.

Tito's also been shit at giving youngsters playing time (with the league won by December :facepalm:), as well as rotation in general. He overplayed starters like Xavi, Puyol, Messi (I blame Tito for his injury, at least partially, Messi shouldn't have played against Celta right after the Bolivia game), Alves, etc. Which is why the team suffered so many injuries.

To sum it up:
-Shit tactics
-Shit motivation
-Shit rotation
-Shit handling of youngsters
-Overplaying certain players (Xavi, Puyol, Messi, etc)

#TitoOut

Last edited:
The only question is, who should we get to replace him? These would be good choices IMO:

Heynckes (if he doesn't retire)
He's leaving Bayern and he did an amazing job with them this season. His Bayern side play possession football like we do, he's familiar with La Liga, and said he's very familiar with our style as well. Problem is, he might retire.

Pellegrini:
He did an amazing job at Villareal and Malaga, both of which had teams infinitely less talented than ours. As for Madrid they didn't do that well in the CL under him (which would be my main concern if he managed Barca), but he did do a good job in the league, only losing by 3 points. Problem is, it seems he's going to City.

Michael Laudrup:
He's done a good job at Swansea, plus he should be familiar with our system, considering he played for us under Cruyff and all. Not to mention that from what I hear, the style Swansea play is similar to ours. He's unproven at a top club though, which could be a problem. Plus, he left Barca for RM as a player, so him returning could piss off a lot of people (I wouldn't really mind though).

Simeone:
Could be a good choice, but I'm not sure. He's done a great job at Atletico, but, like Laudrup, he's unproven at a top club.

Klopp:
He's done a great job at Dortmund, I believe they were a mid table team a few years ago. Now they're in the CL final.

Last edited:

Stric

Pep's first managing job in a top league was Barcelona. Obviously, he's a special example, but a good coach is a good coach regardless. For example, I wouldn't write off Simeone for "not being proven at a top club". He's done very well at Atletico, and Atletico is a much bigger club than Barca B.

JamDav1982

Cant see Simeone.

His style is more similar to Mourinho than a Barca coach.

He plays counter attacking football and likes physically tough players.

Pep's first managing job in a top league was Barcelona. Obviously, he's a special example, but a good coach is a good coach regardless. For example, I wouldn't write off Simeone for "not being proven at a top club". He's done very well at Atletico, and Atletico is a much bigger club than Barca B.

You have a point, but proven > not proven. I wouldn't automatically write someone off for not being proven either, but it's a disadvantage.

On the flip side though, it could be an advantage that coaches like Pellegrini, Simeone and Laudrup have done so well at smaller clubs with infinitely less talent at their disposal than they'd have at Barca.

Last edited:

Stric

I agree, Lord Vader.

Cant see Simeone.

His style is more similar to Mourinho than a Barca coach.

He plays counter attacking football and likes physically tough players.

Yes yes, I'm not saying I see him as the next coach. :) I just used him as an example.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The only question is, who should we get to replace him? These would be good choices IMO:

He's leaving Bayern and he did an amazing job with them this season. His Bayern side play possession football like we do, he's familiar with La Liga, and said he's very familiar with our style as well. Problem is, he might retire.

Pellegrini:
He did an amazing job at Villareal and Malaga, both of which had teams infinitely less talented than ours. As for Madrid they didn't do that well in the CL under him (which would be my main concern if he managed Barca), but he did do a good job in the league, only losing by 3 points. Problem is, it seems he's going to City.

Michael Laudrup:
He's done a good job at Swansea, plus he should be familiar with our system, considering he played for us under Cruyff and all. Not to mention that from what I hear, the style Swansea play is similar to ours. He's unproven at a top club though, which could be a problem. Plus, he left Barca for RM as a player, so him returning could piss off a lot of people (I wouldn't really mind though).

Simeone:
Could be a good choice, but I'm not sure. He's done a great job at Atletico, but, like Laudrup, he's unproven at a top club.

Klopp:
He's done a great job at Dortmund, I believe they were a mid table team a few years ago. Now they're in the CL final.

Pellegrini- doesn't suit our style, going to City most likely

Simeone- as already been said, he's more counterattacking football

Klopp- his players have amazing speed and stamina plus he doesn't play a possession based game

Heynckes- retiring and if not, wouldn't come to Barca. Other than that his system is a refined and advanced version of Pep's

Laudrup- Former Madridista, not sure how it'd work out. However he is a good option and it's better to have experience at a small club finding success than being an OK manager at a top club.

Honestly Barca is more homegrown in the coaches department. We're more likely to see Oscar Garcia or Luis Enrique as options than others.

0n0mat0p0eia

If anyone thinks that Barca will replace/sack a manager who has been battling cancer, then they're deluded.

#BeSeenAsHeartlessBastards

Gilberto

Yup

Pellegrini:

He is probably going to city indeed.

Michael Laudrup:

I think he would be perfect if his style is similar to when he was a player himself. Have not really seen/heard anything from/of him since he started managing swansea.

Simeone:

I don't know why, but he looks a bit... ...Agressive may be? Or is it just me? A bit of power is prbably better than Tito's softness though.

Klopp:

Well, they were a mid table team a few years ago but Dortmund has always been one of the top teams in germany, arguably the number 1 team. Bayern is undoubtely the bigger club now however, looking at recent years. It's like with Barca and RM. RM is, historically, the biggest of the 2 (won 20th centuary club of the world for instance), but Barca has performed better in recent years

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If anyone thinks that Barca will replace/sack a manager who has been battling cancer, then they're deluded.

#BeSeenAsHeartlessBastards

You're being more sympathetic than practical. I'm willing to give Tito another year because managers have shown the ability to change (AVB anyone?) but if he doesn't fix or even try to fix the current problems then no one is going to give him a significant high profile job simply on the basis that he survived cancer.

0n0mat0p0eia

He should step down himself, then.

You're right, Stric, perhaps Tito should stand down; he will not be putting in 100% into managing Barca - how could he?

When Pep said that he had had enough due to the stresses/strains on him and needed a break, he was fit.

I could certainly see Barca paying up his contract/financially compensating him if he was willing to step down.

Home of Barca Fans