Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Any other manager would have been sacked already. He's lucky he's the special one.

No other manager had 100 pts in La Liga though. And I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at him..at least not until he's eliminated from the CL.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
1356251439850.jpg

Translation: "Mou makes a fool out of himself"

marcelo

SAF?

I think Mourinho was very lucky with Porto, and significantly lucky with Inter. And when it comes to that, others have the CL twice as well. Pep in less years, Ancelotti, SAF, Hitzfeld I think also, plus many others. And what was the Liverpool coach who won it thrice? You can also add Brian Clough (my fav manager of all time)

Hell, even Benitez came a whisker from winning twice.

He has also been fortunate with the clubs he managed (jumping ship at the first sign of trouble to the most featherbedded nest available) I would love to see the him stick with a club through hard times for once.

Just some brief points about Mourinho and his "legend"

*Porto winning the CL was a fluke, a bit like Chelsea in 2012, and even Liverpool in 2005.

* Winning the EPL with the biggest budget in that league was no big deal for me. Chelsea finished 2nd the previous season under Ranieri and then Roman bought several stars for Mourinho.

*Winning Serie A with Inter at the time was like winning the Ukrainian league with Shaktar, i.e. it was inevitable. Mancini managed the same. No big deal there either.

*Winning one in 3 La Ligas with Real Madrid is no big deal either. After Barca's epic success, we were bound to drop a level at some point, injuries, fatigue, and maybe a bit of lack in motivation set the picture. Let's also not forget the scandalous refereeing we witnessed last season (Mallorca, Rayo) and against us (Valencia, Osasuna, Getafe) just to name but a few.

*Since he gets so much credit for his CL wins, shouldn't the same principle be applied to his CL failures? Benitez owning him with half the cash, us owning him, SAF kicking him out, and recently even Klopp's Dortmund tormenting this mega-football-genius. Let's see if can finally deliver on the one reason he was summoned by Real Madrid, winning La Decima.

*Why not take over a less privileged team, for example Arsenal, or AC Milan and see what he is really worth.

Now don't get me wrong. Sure he is a great manager and motivator, and a very strong personality, but that is what he is ultimately, a media personality first and foremost, not a genius as those of weak spirits like to describe him as.

So, to sum up:

Is Jose Mourinho a good manager? Yes.

Is he one of the best in the world at the moment? Yes.

Is he The Best In the World at the moment? Highly debatable.

Is he a genius? No. What did he radically change about football in order to be described as such? Nothing.

What would I want to see in order to tip my hat? Take over a lesser team, and overachieve.

I could not have put it better...!!!well put mate

Maria

A-FhKZMCIAAiOq-.jpg

"La prensa del Madrid y su aficion apoyan al equipo al cien por cien."
"Vitor hara callar a las personas que le estan intentando destruir y hacer del mejor portero del mundo un portero muy malo."

Mou :wub:

La LL

Generally Delightful
I consider him a Judas on par with Figo but I hate him more than Figo. Kissing the badge and standing up for the club one day, attacking it and trying to sour our reputation internationally another.

My #1 most hated person in football. I shall go on a bender of glorious proportions, full of champagne and glitter once he gets kicked from Madrid's ranks.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I consider him a Judas on par with Figo but I hate him more than Figo. Kissing the badge and standing up for the club one day, attacking it and trying to sour our reputation internationally another.

My #1 most hated person in football. I shall go on a bender of glorious proportions, full of champagne and glitter once he gets kicked from Madrid's ranks.

Exactly my thoughts. Couldn't have said it better!

Ursegor

World Champion
No other manager had 100 pts in La Liga though. And I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at him..at least not until he's eliminated from the CL.

Nothing achievement, really. Pellegrini reached 96 points in his first season immediately with a completely new squad and Pepe out injured for the whole season and Ronaldo injured for like 3 or 4 months. Dealing with Guti, Gago, Garay, van der Vaart, Raul etc. and without any power in the transfer market. Pellegrini would have transformed them into a power house if he was given more time and respect. Look what he gets out of Malaga with a squad full of rejects and past it players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans