Talent Poaching Thread

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Okay, so now Man Utd face ANOTHER complain from Fiorentina, the Italians are joining in on the fun!

I decided to make a thread about it since it seems to be the hot shit right now.

B

blueduck

They are only doing it to make FIFA take notice imo.

They are sick of having their clubs raided for their best young players. But as long as there is a compensation fee that both clubs agree on then I don't see a problem.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There's going to be a whole lot of these over the next few weeks as every club that feels aggrieved at the aggressive approach taken by EPL clubs, and possibly others, leaps aboard the bandwagon in a bid to gain vengence or more likely extra monetary compensation.

Beast

The Observer
You know the surprising part is that Wenger is still not questioned .
one would suspect Arsenal to be the first on the list

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
It might be. They had these kinda case before right? with flamini. It might be more to come. But, i think wenger is smarter than the rest of, and also more slick.

Beast

The Observer
It might be. They had these kinda case before right? with flamini. It might be more to come. But, i think wenger is smarter than the rest of, and also more slick.

They were under investigation couple of years ago for giving a loan to a Belgium club which worked as a farm for them or something like that.. i think they also took Eboue from them

sammy

Oh yes, beveren i think. Gave what kinda loan? you mean like a bank?

Beast

The Observer
Oh yes, beveren i think. Gave what kinda loan? you mean like a bank?

Yep.. gave them something like 100 K or something..
It was on the news couple of years ago (2-3 years ) the investigation came back to nothing but it was very fishy.. why would a club loan another club money

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wenger is smart I grant him that. Coy too.

As I said previously all clubs have done it to some extent - whether or not they have crossed the line is not for me to judge.

Beast

The Observer
No clubs can do that cause the laws in Italy,Spain..etc prohibit it.
Only English clubs pull it off like you did u pickpocket thieves from our academy.

when Milan signed Pato they couldn't register him since he was under 18 until January

sammy

I think that's because brazil law, not italian law. Brazil authorities won't make authorization for transfer unless that player reach certain age (18).

sammy

When i play Football Manager, I always try to poach young player :D especially the one who is 17. But i can't do it for brazillian, so i try to find out why. And that's what i've found.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
thing with arsene is that he gets them when they are 13-14, not when they are 17 like man utd and chelsea.

primarly, anyone being poached at 13-14 and developed to that extra level counts as an academy player however man utd and chelsea who both have shit academies at the moment are focusing on poaching. lazio for example lost macheda huge. and this wasnt it for man utd- rossi, pique...

i think man utd should be punished hard... and it would be awesome since i hate that team to the tits.

Home of Barca Fans