Talent Poaching Thread

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm not diverting anything i'm just trying to make a point.Its perfectly relevant, Fifa are the governing body of football their role in a nutshell is to govern.Instead of wasting time on banning players for diving, or placing transfer bans clubs for poaching when the details are a bit foggy.
Its not only football schools that are plundered especially in West Africa, where the need is more.Take Micheal Essien for example, his mother was a street hawker in Ghana selling bread on the road side making 5 Cedi's( £1.50 ) at the end of everyday with five children to feed at home.If you were told by a French scout that your child has talent, he wants to take him to Europe, with the possibility of playing for a european football team would you say no? When the kids dumped on the streets, who's the bread seller gonna complain to, FIFA? Hardily.
FIFA need to focus on the developing football policy in countries where the laws for these things are unclear, they need to focus on the countries where doing these things are easier to get away with.Where there is no system besides getting a visa and jumping on a plane.

So your point is that Michael Essien should still be selling bread on Ghanaian streets? Of course you're diverting from the point in question, you're claiming that because the French clubs are in some way imperfect they are undeserving of justice in this scenario. That's not how it works, English clubs have broken rules and deserve to be hauled over the coals for it, whatever the French clubs have done it doesn't negate the illegality of Chelsea's actions nor does it mean that they shouldn't be punished. UEFA is absolutely right to try and uphold the integrity of youth academies and protect the interests of the clubs producing talented players.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
So your point is that Michael Essien should still be selling bread on Ghanaian streets? Of course you're diverting from the point in question, you're claiming that because the French clubs are in some way imperfect they are undeserving of justice in this scenario. That's not how it works, English clubs have broken rules and deserve to be hauled over the coals for it, whatever the French clubs have done it doesn't negate the illegality of Chelsea's actions nor does it mean that they shouldn't be punished. UEFA is absolutely right to try and uphold the integrity of youth academies and protect the interests of the clubs producing talented players.

No, you misunderstand what i'm trying to say.Its just very hypocritical of Fifa to be pulling up English teams so severely when the French teams are guilty of worse, this doesn't mean they don't deserve a fair go.It means that Fifa need to sort out their policies an apply them where it is necessary there is not point in jumping up when the shit hits the fan, and saying your guilty here's a transfer ban.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's not hypocritical at all, is there even anything to suggest that the French clubs have committed an infraction of football's rules? I'm not suggesting that they are morally justified but I've never heard of complaints from African sides, or French clubs being reported to FIFA. You're entirely wrong in saying that FIFA shouldn't be punishing English clubs, Chelski and maybe others have broken rules, when that happens FIFA/UEFA are obligated to act and they have acted justly in this case.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Have you ever been to Africa CA? There's been a whole documentary on this! That's why i'm shocked to see Fifa reacting as so furiously to claims from French teams when they have been at it since time in memorial.Yes, English teams should be punished, but the punishment should fit the crime and if it doesn't its not fair.But of course this happened in Africa so, who cares.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well it's not unreasonable to assume that news of complaints African clubs had made against French clubs would have made the European press. There might be a documentary about it but has an African club ever gone to FIFA alledging that a French club has broken the rules?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
what if a player wants to join a top youth system to develop? these players won't be the same if they stay at small teams and i'm assuming they WANT to play for top sides aswell. it's still unfair on the small clubs though

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Talent scouts don't always go for attached players CA, which is what happens more.Its something that Fifa need to crack down on in all countries where the football associations are retarded Ghana is one of them.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Talent scouts don't always go for attached players CA, which is what happens more.Its something that Fifa need to crack down on in all countries where the football associations are retarded Ghana is one of them.

That's not against the rules then is it? It's not right, don't misunderstand me here, but if the players aren't being taken from clubs then no rules have been broken. I think you're mixing two seperate issues to be honest.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
That's not against the rules then is it? It's not right, don't misunderstand me here, but if the players aren't being taken from clubs then no rules have been broken. I think you're mixing two seperate issues to be honest.

but then no rules are broken in the majority of poaching cases, and you still get up in arms about them. I think that's what jabba's on about.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
The bottom line is regardless of whether their are attached or not, taking children from one country to another for trials or anything should not happen without the knowledge of Fifa.
Maybe i am mixing to different issues but which are actually the same one just more polished than the other.We are talking about kids here and if that's the case no rules have been broken .Nice talking to u CA.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
but then no rules are broken in the majority of poaching cases, and you still get up in arms about them. I think that's what jabba's on about.

Very true, maybe it's the racist part of me that gets angrier about European clubs being stripped of talent than I do about Africans being collected by French clubs. It's not an issue that I've contemplated all that much to be honest but if the chelski case can throw the spotlight on Africa-France child trafficking (to borrow Der Kaiser's phrase) as well as EU-England child trafficking then it's certainly a good thing.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Very true, maybe it's the racist part of me that gets angrier about European clubs being stripped of talent than I do about Africans being collected by French clubs. It's not an issue that I've contemplated all that much to be honest but if the chelski case can throw the spotlight on Africa-France child trafficking (to borrow Der Kaiser's phrase) as well as EU-England child trafficking then it's certainly a good thing.

Damn straight.:angry:

Home of Barca Fans