Willian

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Looked for it, thought he was one of Brazilians who had Italian passport from the start like Kaka but apparently he wasn't

Anyway, we had plenty of non-eu players who weren't starters. The rules in Liga is pretty easy (half the globe are considered domestic, those with EU wives are considered domestic, and Latin players gets EU passport in 3 years max) so depending on circumstances, we don't always need to make non-EU players a starter. Doesn't take anything from the player himself

Yes of course it doesnt I just don't rate those players highly. We've had some Amazing Brazilian players in our time and I have no issues with the top tier players! I just find it odd that players are hyped just because fo their nationality rather than their ability.

For a recent example you Just have to look at Coutinho to see the same thing happening there. He was massively over rated by a majority of fans when there are players in the same league that have been more consistent and better then he was, they also fit our system. Or. Lack there of much better. Another less controversial example is Jesus... Thee are so many barzailian players who are hyped go for big fees and accomplish nothing.

Although Neymar burnt us, he is the type of player we can use and would fit our system. Would I accept him Back at barca? Hell no.
Alves I see as one of the best right backs ever, so looking back at how many players I loved were brazallian Maybe in retrospect i am fairly harsh on them because I expect so much from them.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Other than him being a workhorse and having some decent technical ability here's nothing to him that suggests that we should have paid over the odds for him during the summer.

He's the perfect example of a player who can create an illusion that he's something special one game and be useless in the next following games.

Havesaks

Rumours say we bid 50m and Chelsea didnt accept. If that is true, I really don't get it. I understand that his profile is the right fit for the RW, but paying 50m for a 30yo and a huge wage is plain stupid. And probably on a 4 year contract. Is this Abidals work??

Cule4life

The Culest
Sarri take this personally to your ego, dig in your heels and don't let Willian go. Demand 300m. Threaten to send Willian to the reserves. Just keep him at all costs.

FinBarcelonafan

Rumours say we bid 50m and Chelsea didnt accept. If that is true, I really don't get it. I understand that his profile is the right fit for the RW, but paying 50m for a 30yo and a huge wage is plain stupid. And probably on a 4 year contract. Is this Abidals work??

Exactly. What are we smoking?

khaled_a_d

I don't believe it, but with Willian I think he is right fit for RM role not RW which makes world of difference for EV.
442 gets the best out of Coutinho and better right side too. It is a needed tactical option for the team.
That being said, 30 years old, big fee, god only knows how long EV is staying, it is bad deal business wise and long term wise.

Cule4life

The Culest
I don't believe it, but with Willian I think he is right fit for RM role not RW which makes world of difference for EV.
442 gets the best out of Coutinho and better right side too. It is a needed tactical option for the team.
That being said, 30 years old, big fee, god only knows how long EV is staying, it is bad deal business wise and long term wise.

Not the 4-4-2 nonsense again. 4-3-3 gets the best out of Dembele. Can't destroy our system for a 160m player who's playing like a 1.6m player.

Home of Barca Fans