Willian

George_Costanza

Not Willian again...

59695731.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No one thought we'd pay 40m for Paulinho either.

Why do people think Barca shelling out 80m for this guy is unrealistic?

Trickykid

I rarely believe all these ridiculous rumors when they first surface, but this one has become persistent enough for me to actually fear it happening.

The obly way I can make any sense of it, is if Barto has some sort of dodgy deal with some equally dodgy Chinese businessmen in regards to shipping the player to China in a couple of years, like he very well could've had with Paulinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I rarely believe all these ridiculous rumors when they first surface, but this one has become persistent enough for me to actually fear it happening.

The obly way I can make any sense of it, is if Barto has some sort of dodgy deal with some equally dodgy Chinese businessmen in regards to shipping the player to China in a couple of years, like he very well could've had with Paulinho.

I doubt it with the 100% tax in China when it comes to transfers. Even recouping that potential let's say 70m fee would mean a Chinese club paying the double to get him.

Paulinho's case was different since he had a significant impact on the club he left so they saw him as the missing piece to get them back to the level they were at.

No Chinese club is paying 140m for an older Willian who relies a lot on his pace.

I understand that you cannot just keep signing young talents, but surely so much money for an inconsistent winger that's turning 30 and have never been in double figures in either assists or goals scored in his career in a competition, isn't the solution?

Last edited:

Trickykid

I doubt it with the 100% tax in China when it comes to transfers. Even recouping that potential let's say 70m fee would mean a Chinese club paying the double to get him.

Paulinho's case was different since he had a significant impact on the club he left so they saw him as the missing piece to get them back to the level they were at.

No Chinese club is paying 140m for an older Willian who relies a lot on his pace.

I understand that you cannot just keep signing young talents, but surely so much money for an inconsistent winger that's turning 30 and have never been in double figures in either assists or goals scored in his career in a competition, isn't the solution?

Yeah, I'm not assuming that we will recuperate the entire fee - far from it - but I wouldn't be surprised if there's something going on between us and China. Perhaps it's just me trying to make some sense of this deal, if it ends up going through.

Givenchy

if we sign Willian for 80mil, Dembele is as good as gone imo. it would make no sense to bring in another huge transfer to play in a position our (arguably) most talented youngster and 2nd most expensive player plays in and needs game time to evolve. sadly it would be typical Valverde.

Icarium

Lifestealer
No one will deny Willian will be a good addition for 30M or so, would be a great impact from the bench. Dembele will suffer though. But 80M is just stupid and better to nurture Dembele and he will play almost as good or even better. We can use that 80m somewhere else. If we are ready to offer 80m for Willian and 40-50m for a midfielder we do have cash. But could be wrong and instead of midfielder we are going for Willian don't know how that will solve our midfield problem.

Givenchy

-------------MaTS
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
--------------Busi
---------Raki-Coutinho
-Dembele-Messi-Willian

is the best we can hope for with Lenglet and Arthur replacing Pique/Raki

Home of Barca Fans