Willian

Joan

He's great, but he's not a pure/big volume goalscorer. More of a playmaker.

The best players are either crazy dominant in one aspect or combine both. Hazard is neither IMO.

I tend to agree. He's a solid scorer, will score like 15 in a league season, but not someone one should build a team around, IMO.

He won't carry you to the title.

Donatello

I tend to agree. He's a solid scorer, will score like 15 in a league season, but not someone one should build a team around, IMO.

He won't carry you to the title.

Even if he's bought, he wouldn't be signed as a tailisman.

If they sign only him, then Bale will be the tailisman or else they'll buy someone else.

Hazard is like Coutinho for RM, not in terms of quality, but in terms of role. I mean to ease the pressure off the team, to create chances & to produce moment of brilliance here and there.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

isn't Malcom the younger version of willian but with more potential? so why not just go for him

A honest question, I mean I get it to some point, but who decides this "potential" part?
Who has measured Dembele's potential so that we can say that he has more potential than a current Willian, even though I can understand where this idea is coming from in Dembele's case.
But for example, Malcom, it is quite brave to say that a kid like him has more potential than Willian, currently the best player of a Brazilian NT team which could easily end as world champions.

So, one guy plays for Bordeaux, but has "a potential".
Never played a big game, never played in a Champions league, never played an NT match, never played on a World cup, never was a key player in a big team in big matches.
The other guy could turn into a World cup winner in 10 days, being a key playmaker.

Whom to buy between those two, hmm? :sherlock:

I know that a word "potential" is by far the most valuable thing in football on our forum, but we need to calm down a little...

El Guaje

Lets buy a heavily overpriced 30 year old uncle that will give us 1-2 good years and then be worth fuck all when we must get rid of him... all while we have a very good player in Dembele who is rotting on the bench watching Aleix fking Vidal play ahead of him.... yep :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid plays lottery by buying teenagers while we play lottery by buying almost 30 year olds.

But hey, some folks say our approach is smarter because established players are everything. :coffee:

We'd better come up with a lot of money, because every team is going to ask for a lot of money from us. Smart approach yeah right.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
haven't kept up with the rumours so ....are we really going to spend 80 mil for this player ?

Nice stuff.

Other clubs add 20 mil more and they buy Ronaldo , we have to pay 80 mil for a 30yo Willian .

We might as well add 20m and hijack Juventus' plan and buy Ronaldo. I am all for it. We can finally start making crosses too.

Sorin

He's been bang average bar one game against Mexico. The inconsistent part of him has shined through once again at this WC. We'd be nuts to pay more than 40-50m for this guy. Even that is a stretch but the market is inflated as shit so whatever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Such an average player that got a moment of brilliance in him here and there.

SeloBarca

I prefer pretty much anyone playing decently before Willian.
5 Years ago? yes i would have taken Willian.
But now? 80M for an unconsistant 30 year old that doesnt even start half of the games? Insanity.
Dont really like any of the midfielders we have been linked with but would even prefer Pogba over him.
Atleast he has age on his side.

Home of Barca Fans