Willian

Porque

I really hope this is a smokescreen but it appears not. 80m for Willian is an incredible sum. Dembele won't get a starting sniff all season long as with this move Valverde will be taking the 442 to the bridge.

Being completely honest, in Valverde's 442 Willian is the right profile, but surely for 80m we can get someone who is better, younger (23-27) and more consistent.

EDIT: Roma bid £31.3m for Malcolm who is also that kind of profile.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Sorin

I really hope this is a smokescreen but it appears not. 80m for Willian is an incredible sum. Dembele won't get a starting sniff all season long as with this move Valverde will be taking the 442 to the bridge.

Being completely honest, in Valverde's 442 Willian is the right profile, but surely for 80m we can get someone who is better, younger (23-27) and more consistent.

EDIT: Roma bid £31.3m for Malcolm who is also that kind of profile.

Any suggestions?

There are a few like Malcolm, Thauvin or even Coman(don't know if Bayern would sell tbf) but it seems that Valverde wants an established veteran because we already have Dembele who is inexperienced.

For the money we presumably have to pay though, Willian doesn't make any sense, experience be damned. If they wanted to spend a shitload of money on a RW, why didn't they go for Mahrez a month or so ago? He is younger, doesn't occupy any non-eu spot and most importantly is a better player all around. Our transfer strategy is so hard to understand sometimes, goddamnit!

For me, his arrival only proves we will continue with our 4-4-2.
Semedo/roberto-pique(mina?)-umtiti(CL)-alba(mirandaORcucu/roberto)
Dembele(willian)-ivan(rabiot/thiago)-Busquets(arthur)-coutinho(willian)
Messi(dembele)-suarez(coutinho/munirORpaco)

mia7007

For me, his arrival only proves we will continue with our 4-4-2.
Semedo/roberto-pique(mina?)-umtiti(CL)-alba(mirandaORcucu/roberto)
Dembele(willian)-ivan(rabiot/thiago)-Busquets(arthur)-coutinho(willian)
Messi(dembele)-suarez(coutinho/munirORpaco)
Why put money in 30 yo winger while we have Demebele who is 20 yo in same position and he is more talented than Willian by far and just needs time
We should use this money wisely and enforce midfield instead

Why put money in 30 yo winger while we have Demebele who is 20 yo in same position and he is more talented than Willian by far and just needs time

I totally agree with u. What i mentioned above is not something i would like, but somethink i (sadly) believe our board+Valverde will do.

JamDav1982

The fact that Dembele needs time to develop is an argument for taking in another winger who has pace and can run at teams.

Barca are not here just to develop Dembele and give him minutes regardless of how he plays and have no alternative.

Dont think it is one or the other anyway. Think the club want a wide player and a midfielder.

Not advocating Willian at all costs but that type is needed and probably just as much if not more than a midfielder.

MTL_Barca

He hasnt been ineffective though.

Considering this ridiculous price i would still expect more from him than being an on and off starter for Chelsea with ok stats.

50 Scorers in 166 games for Chelsea (one scorer every ~205 min) is not too bad but not exactly impressive if you ask me, Pedro for example was more effective for Chelsea with 35 Scorers in 95 games (one scorer every ~163 min) and is just one year older. And even besides scorers Willian isn't that much better imo but i bet nobody would like to sign back Pedro for like 40-50M and thats not even close to the price we would end up paying for Willian as it looks.

Imo a 70-80M signing should be (near) world class and a real improvement and not a player for rotations. Or at least a really really talented player for the future but not just an addition for more depth.

The only good thing could be selling him to china after 2 years or so because after Donezk and Anzi thats not too far fetched here but even then we would probably lose a lot of money.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Considering this ridiculous price i would still expect more from him than being an on and off starter for Chelsea with ok stats.

50 Scorers in 166 games for Chelsea (one scorer every ~205 min) is not too bad but not exactly impressive if you ask me, Pedro for example was more effective for Chelsea with 35 Scorers in 95 games (one scorer every ~163 min) and is just one year older. And even besides scorers Willian isn't that much better imo but i bet nobody would like to sign back Pedro for like 40-50M and thats not even close to the price we would end up paying for Willian as it looks.

Imo a 70-80M signing should be (near) world class and a real improvement and not a player for rotations. Or at least a really really talented player for the future but not just an addition for more depth.

The only good thing could be selling him to china after 2 years or so because after Donezk and Anzi thats probably not too far fetched here.

Willian is a far better player than Pedro and definitely not more effective even if has better goals ratio.

The price is another argument and prices quoted are too high but Willian has not been ineffective for Chelsea.

Would pay 70-80m for Willian any day over 40-50m for Pedro and dont want to pay that for Willian.

Assuming the profile of player Barca want is another winger type who would you like Barca to sign?

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Willian is a far better player than Pedro and definitely not more effective even if has better goals ratio.

The price is another argument and prices quoted are too high but Willian has not been ineffective for Chelsea.

Imo the price is a big factor when judging a player/transfer. 50 Scorers in 166 games with his contributions at 30-40M? Yeah pretty good but for 80 fucking millions i personally expect more just being "not ineffective".

We can't let them milk us this hard, if they don't sell for half of that move on i mean Willian really isn't a special player at all so its hard to believe FC Barcelona can't find any other winger on this planet that would help but isn't a 30yo with a 80M pricetag.

MTL_Barca

Would pay 70-80m for Willian any day over 40-50m for Pedro and dont want to pay that for Willian.

Assuming the profile of player Barca want is another winger type who would you like Barca to sign?

I would rather sign no winger at all before i pay Chelsea 80M for Willian if you really think there is no other solution.

Home of Barca Fans