Willian

Vilarrubi

Missed the Paulinho part. Yes, you are utterly clueless about Barca and Messi. Fact is Messi asked Paulinho to join. Ok, you might have missed that interview. But you also missed Barca matches as well as Paulinho actually had good chemistry with Messi.

100% troll account.

Barcilliant

This is just a conspiracy to fuck Messi. Surround him with mediocre to shit players at the end of his career.

Willian for 30 million makes sense. He can be a squad player. But 65 million?

It's like a lottery win for Chelsea.

What is Abidal thinking? Madness.

Donatello

Man I need Joan Laporta back. There is perez who is signing 22- players, and here is B-dog who loves 29+ players.

Justifies the gap, that we have.

Vinicius + Rodrygo = 90M
Willian. = 70M.

And people think RM are just splashing stupid money.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is just a conspiracy to fuck Messi. Surround him with mediocre to shit players at the end of his career.

Willian for 30 million makes sense. He can be a squad player. But 65 million?

It's like a lottery win for Chelsea.

What is Abidal thinking? Madness.

Maybe Messi wants an "established" player as from the looks of it, he wasn't impressed with Dembele.

Let's not make Messi a victim please.

wisconsincule

Give him a fat five year contract while we’re at it. We are legit fucked when Messi leaves if these are the types of signings we make. It’s just pissing money away.

FC433

According to Metro we offered three offers two got rejected and we still do not know about the third.

50m pounds, 53m pounds and 55m pounds. CFC wants 60m pounds.

Devils

Apparently :valverde2: is very fond of him and is the one making the request.

FFS. Knew we should have sacked him after the Roma.

Barcilliant

Apparently :valverde2: is very fond of him and is the one making the request.

FFS. Knew we should have sacked him after the Roma.

I was just thinking that. This has Valverde's stench all over it.

I thought United were interested. Maybe Mourinho can rescue us?

messid10s

We are just buying him because he was able to run through our incredibly slow midfield twice :lol: :(

He's nearly 30 and inconsistent no way should Barca be buying him especially not for 50m Jesus wept.

Garrus

This thread has become a comedic melodrama, With most comments made, Being just over the top, Poorly thought out shit posts (No offence).

Willian is definitely not a top pick for me, Mostly because of the age and price tag.

But now he's apparently a shitty, Bench player for some?, What?!

Never mind that every barca fan 5 months ago, Saw him tear us a new **s hole in just a single game (Chelsea only goal, And hit the post two times), He single handedly could've knocked us out of the UCL if we weren't a bit lucky.

The guy contributed to 25 goals for chelsea last season (scored 13 and assisted 12), The only chelsea player that contributed more than him was hazard, With 30 goals, just 5 more goals than willian despite 4 of those being penalties and with hazard playing approximately 8 more full matches.

People are welcome to criticize the price and age, But please, Stop making **it up about his qualities as a player.

Weather we buy him or someone else who's similar to him, It's very clear for me that the club is aiming for UCL THIS season, They know barca fans have reached the breaking point, Seeing their main rivals win that competition 3 times in a row, A UCL aim for THIS season means we're looking for short term gains, And that doesn't get done with signing a great 'Prospect' that may or may not reach his potential in a few years, The player needs to properly fill a hole in the squad, And can fill it NOW, It'll have to be a senior player who already proved himself at the big stage, And is willing and has no problem with seeing the bench from time to time, So dembele can still get his minutes and gain experience.

Willian ticks are the previous boxes, He a player proven at the big stage, Can start performing immediately fills a hole we need, And can accept the bench for dembele.

No weather there are other players that tick all these boxes, Who are younger and cheaper, Then it's an entirely different matter, However, We'd love to hear names.

What i laid out above is a breakdown of his qualities as a player and how it relates to our squad situation and aims for this season, What i said is NOT an evaluation of the transfer itself as a whole.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans