Willian

Jakabor

He is a nobody just like Cuadrado. Especially if you admit that he is not what we need. I wonder how Messi must feel being surrounded by second rate players like Willian. Im disgusted. I hope wrong though

Shows how limited my your knowledge is when you continue to call him a nobody and a second rate player.
He can be a good player and still not be what Barca needs. If you can't comprehend that, you are truly daft.

clemente

This is iliterally all about making sure that Chelsea are in a position where they can't sell Hazard, so I'm okay with it.
It just sucks that 200m for Dembele was thrown away...

Devils

It's going to be Willian and Rabiot.

Griezmann you little prick, should have accepted our offer. FFS!

Jakabor

This is a horrible deal. Not because he isn't a good player, but because of 1) his age, 2) the mentioned fee, 3) the unfortunate situation that's created for Dembele.

Finding some positive (if this goes through) is the technique and close control that Willian displays. His touch on the ball is brilliant and he also provides another shooting threat (other than Messi, Coutinho and Raki). Furthermore, he is solid at shielding the ball and his short passing and movement fit Barca too.

Last edited:

Tekkers

as others have already stated this signing has valverde written all over it

madrid did a hell of a job signing zidane when they did

messid10s

We'll still win the league regardless no way will a madrid without Ronaldo be able to challenge a Barcelona with Messi suspect Atletico will come second. This doesn't help us in the champions league though.

xXKonan

Funny thing is this is a contract season for Valverde.

If Willian flops and Valverde decides to leave we will be stuck with yet another Arda Turan situation assuming if he is the one that requested Willian.

George_Costanza

Screen_Shot_2018-07-21_at_3.59.21_AM.png

BarçaBarça

Funny thing is this is a contract season for Valverde.

If Willian flops and Valverde decides to leave we will be stuck with yet another Arda Turan situation assuming if he is the one that requested Willian.

Same with Arthur - assuming Valverde requested him, we could be stuck with another Douglas after Valverde is gone, just because of him and his stupid love for small technical gifted players!
:lol:

Ursegor

World Champion
60 million Euros for a 30 year old winger who was never consistently known as world class? No one can be this stupid, not even the Barca board, so this is either a money laundering kind of deal or the rumour is bollocks. No in between. Money laundering or bullshit rumours.

Raketa10

This thread has become a comedic melodrama, With most comments made, Being just over the top, Poorly thought out shit posts (No offence).

Willian is definitely not a top pick for me, Mostly because of the age and price tag.

But now he's apparently a shitty, Bench player for some?, What?!

Never mind that every barca fan 5 months ago, Saw him tear us a new **s hole in just a single game (Chelsea only goal, And hit the post two times), He single handedly could've knocked us out of the UCL if we weren't a bit lucky.

The guy contributed to 25 goals for chelsea last season (scored 13 and assisted 12), The only chelsea player that contributed more than him was hazard, With 30 goals, just 5 more goals than willian despite 4 of those being penalties and with hazard playing approximately 8 more full matches.

People are welcome to criticize the price and age, But please, Stop making **it up about his qualities as a player.

Weather we buy him or someone else who's similar to him, It's very clear for me that the club is aiming for UCL THIS season, They know barca fans have reached the breaking point, Seeing their main rivals win that competition 3 times in a row, A UCL aim for THIS season means we're looking for short term gains, And that doesn't get done with signing a great 'Prospect' that may or may not reach his potential in a few years, The player needs to properly fill a hole in the squad, And can fill it NOW, It'll have to be a senior player who already proved himself at the big stage, And is willing and has no problem with seeing the bench from time to time, So dembele can still get his minutes and gain experience.

Willian ticks are the previous boxes, He a player proven at the big stage, Can start performing immediately fills a hole we need, And can accept the bench for dembele.

No weather there are other players that tick all these boxes, Who are younger and cheaper, Then it's an entirely different matter, However, We'd love to hear names.

What i laid out above is a breakdown of his qualities as a player and how it relates to our squad situation and aims for this season, What i said is NOT an evaluation of the transfer itself as a whole.

100% agree with everything you wrote. The only issues here are the price and his age but those are BIG issues.

MTL_Barca

Willian is a good player but the price just doesn't make sense. I mean even if we move away from that 80M and say its like 60M or 65M then its still too much for a 30yo sub/rotation player. But on the other hand we don't talk about him as a starter right?

I wanted a real winger as sub/rotation option since Pedro left but even today that should be possible for less than 40-50mil and if not then at least find a younger option we can sell in 2-3 years because often enough players want to become regular starters again but a (then) 32-33yo can only realistically be sold to China if he wants to keep is usually huge Barca salary. But to be fair if the Chinese clubs continue spending big then i could see him move to China in the future, seems like the kind of player they would buy.

Donatello

This thread has become a comedic melodrama, With most comments made, Being just over the top, Poorly thought out shit posts (No offence).

Willian is definitely not a top pick for me, Mostly because of the age and price tag.

But now he's apparently a shitty, Bench player for some?, What?!

Never mind that every barca fan 5 months ago, Saw him tear us a new **s hole in just a single game (Chelsea only goal, And hit the post two times), He single handedly could've knocked us out of the UCL if we weren't a bit lucky.

The guy contributed to 25 goals for chelsea last season (scored 13 and assisted 12), The only chelsea player that contributed more than him was hazard, With 30 goals, just 5 more goals than willian despite 4 of those being penalties and with hazard playing approximately 8 more full matches.

People are welcome to criticize the price and age, But please, Stop making **it up about his qualities as a player.

Weather we buy him or someone else who's similar to him, It's very clear for me that the club is aiming for UCL THIS season, They know barca fans have reached the breaking point, Seeing their main rivals win that competition 3 times in a row, A UCL aim for THIS season means we're looking for short term gains, And that doesn't get done with signing a great 'Prospect' that may or may not reach his potential in a few years, The player needs to properly fill a hole in the squad, And can fill it NOW, It'll have to be a senior player who already proved himself at the big stage, And is willing and has no problem with seeing the bench from time to time, So dembele can still get his minutes and gain experience.

Willian ticks are the previous boxes, He a player proven at the big stage, Can start performing immediately fills a hole we need, And can accept the bench for dembele.

No weather there are other players that tick all these boxes, Who are younger and cheaper, Then it's an entirely different matter, However, We'd love to hear names.

What i laid out above is a breakdown of his qualities as a player and how it relates to our squad situation and aims for this season, What i said is NOT an evaluation of the transfer itself as a whole.

What boxes do willian tick?

And we already have enough wingers. We didn't lost CL because of wingers, it was lack of quality MF which cost us.

Willian is a good player, but he is very inconsistent and not at all a big game player. There's no guarantee he'll show up in all those big games that you're talking about.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans