Willian

BBZ8800

If Dembele is so bad sell him while his value is still high. You can recoup a lot of money and not waste money on Willian. Trust me on this Willian is not very good. There's a reason why he's one of the least popular players at Chelsea. He's mediocre at best. It's actually pretty insane why Barca is looking at him.

Ok, a fair answer.
I am not watching Chelsea that much.
I watched some matches and Willian at a World cup, he was your best player against Barca and the best player for Brazil in my book.

About Dembele, opinions are different.
Majority of guys have faith in him, not because of his displays for Barca but because he is young and "has potential".
The other part of fans have already lost a hope in him, at least considering some shortterm future like 3-4 years, and a club like Barca can't wait 4-5 or 8 years for a player to reach a world class level.

But still, there are some things which raises huge questions for me lately:
1. Rakitic is classed as not good enough for Barca, yet all NT and club coaches are playing him in every game, over all other, more fancy midfielders
2. Dembele is the next big thing, yet both EV and Deschamps are "idiots" who don't rate him. EV won a double (with 1 defeat in La liga), Deschamps won a World cup. But, they are "blind" regarding Dembele...
3. Arthur is also the next big midfield thing, he doesn't even play for an NT team (ok, he is young, but still).
4. Willian is a fraud, yet he played for the biggest footballing nation in the world, Brazil, all the time.
5. Thiago is our savior, Barca gave up on him, Pep gave up on him, Bayern is willing to let him go, he is a benchwarmer for Spain.

I have wrote my rule which I have learned in my "life as a football fan": Coaches do make mistakes, but are often not idiots.
If too many coaches in a row like some player, and fans don't rate a player, there must be a reason why all coaches like him. (Except: having nudes of his wife or something)
If too many coaches in a row don't rate a player and fans think that he is the best thing since a sliced bread, in the end, coaches usually turn out to be right and they knew it all the time.

Of course, there are examples like Mourinho and KDB, but in 90% of cases, I would put my money on coach's decisions and estimations.

jamrock

This board is like that guy in the Monty Python skit who kept getting his limps cut off & was like this is but a scratch

They just keep throwing shit against the wall & hope it sticks & through alchemy become gold

henias

Ok, a fair answer.
I watched some matches and Willian at a World cup, he was your best player against Barca and the best player for Brazil in my book.

Majority of guys have faith in him, not because of his displays for Barca but because he is young and "has potential".
The other part of fans have already lost a hope in him, at least considering some shortterm future like 3-4 years, and a club like Barca can't wait 4-5 or 8 years for a player to reach a world class level.

1. Rakitic is classed as not good enough for Barca, yet all NT and club coaches are playing him in every game, over all other, more fancy midfielders
2. Dembele is the next big thing, yet both EV and Deschamps are "idiots" who don't rate him. EV won a double (with 1 defeat in La liga), Deschamps won a World cup.
3. Arthur is also the next big midfield thing, he doesn't even play for an NT team (ok, he is young, but still).
4. Willian is a fraud, yet he played for the biggest footballing nation in the world, Brazil, all the time.
5. Thiago is our savior, Barca gave up on him, Pep gave up on him, Bayern is willing to let him go.

I have wrote my rule which I have learned in my "life as a football fan": Coaches do make mistakes, but are often not idiots.
If too many coaches in a row like some player, and fans don't rate a player, there must be a reason why all coaches like him. (Except: having nudes of his wife or something)
If too many coaches in a row don't rate a player and fans think that he is the best thing since a sliced bread, in the end, coaches usually turn out to be right and they knew it all the time.

Of course, there are examples like Mourinho and KDB, but in 90% of cases, I would put my money on coach's decisions and estimations.

Valverde is basically Mourinho. And care to explain about the obssession with Gomes in big games?

You have another idiot like Sampaoli as well.

jamrock

Ok, a fair answer.

2. Dembele is the next big thing, yet both EV and Deschamps are "idiots" who don't rate him. EV won a double (with 1 defeat in La liga), Deschamps won a World cup.
5. Thiago is our savior, Barca gave up on him, Pep gave up on him, Bayern is willing to let him go.

That bit you said about thiago is total horse shit it just as to get said, you were making a half decent point until that part

JamDav1982

Thank you for educating me on the team I watch week in week out lol. Wilian didn't have a good season. He played well for 2 months. But if you want to spend 60 million on him then we'll gladly accept it and maybe use it as extra cash to sign Fekir.

Well sounds like you need it and plenty folk watch a lot of Chelsea so no sadly your opinion is no more relevant.

Nope he didnt just play well for two months.

Chelsea can do whatever they like with money and go for Fekir if they wish.

Joan

That bit you said about thiago is total horse shit it just as to get said, you were making a half decent point until that part
What's wrong with Thiago part? Barca doesn't want to buy him, Bayern willing to sell, Pep not after him even though he's on the market.

I think Thiago could be a fine addition, but not a first pick for me. There's also Arthur.

jamrock

What's wrong with Thiago part? Barca doesn't want to buy him, Bayern willing to sell, Pep not after him even though he's on the market.

I think Thiago could be a fine addition, but not a first pick for me. There's also Arthur.

So because pep doesn't want to take him everywhere he is, it deminishes his value.

He played almost every game he was fit to play under pep & at Bayern without pep

Pep already has enough players in his position at city

As it relates to barca never wanting him, which was more about him being allowed to leave in the first place, everyone with a brain recognizes that was one of the biggest mistakes in recent barca history.

jamrock

Are you ok with bringing Thiago on the expense of Arthur being 3rd in the order to get a spot?

Comparing to the well yea

Because thiago is younger & a starter at Bayern when fit, also no one knows authurs potential except the board who signed him & there track record is not the best with these things.

Mean while William is a 30 year old bench warmer for his club who we are about to spend 60m on, at the expense of a player who is widely regarded as one of the best young players in the world who we paid 120m for.

JamDav1982

Oh yeah, Enrique foolishly sees Gomes as a replacement for Rakitic which flopped terribly.

Valverde sees him as a supersub and a game changer. :lol:

Valverde didnt have an obsession with Gomes in big games though even if took him on as a sub v Roma.

JamDav1982

Comparing to the well yea

Because thiago is younger & a starter at Bayern when fit, also no one knows authurs potential except the board who signed him & there track record is not the best with these things.

Mean while William is a 30 year old bench warmer for his club who we are about to spend 60m on, at the expense of a player who is widely regarded as one of the best young players in the world who we paid 120m for.

Willian is not some 'bench warmer' at Chelsea he has been an important player for them.

Dembele has a lot of developing to do and is not consistent every game either with defending etc.

Having another pacey, hard working option is needed and it allows more chance for Coutinho to go into midfield.

The price is high but Dembele should earn his place like anyone else.

henias

In any case, whatever happens happens. Let him bring who he wants lest people claim we dont give him the resources, the talents, the depth. Let's see what GOATverde can do and I'm so intrigued to see what kind of change he can bring. Another CL exit that's it. I dont think even this shit of a board would endure 4 years without a CL or embarassing KOs.

It will all tell. Time will tell.

Home of Barca Fans