Willian

henias

Experienced player, can track back and help the right side which usually gets destroyed in big cl games, can play as cam or lw, can dribble, can take free kicks and long shots, takes pressure off Dembele, by time William declines Dembele will be reaching his peak.

Then might as well just loan Dembele out instead of letting him rot on the bench and expect him to "reach his peak". No player can even improve sitting on the bench, let alone reach his peak.

james baldwin

Listen guys i'm a CFC fan who watches every game. It truly defies logic how any team let alone might Barcelona is attempting to pay 50 + million for Willian. Even in todays absurd transfer window, Willian is worth 30-35 million max.

Don't you have scouts? Don't you see the games? Did your scouts only scout the matches from February-March of 2018 because realistically speaking, Willian was hot garbage for the other 80% of the season. Like unplayable bad. Willian is a player that plays well in about 30% of games he plays during a season. In the other 70% of games he's like an abomination.

This is pretty consistent with his 5 year Chelsea career bar one season (2015/16) in which he was somewhat consistent but that was partly because Mourinho had run all our best players to the ground in the previous title (2014/15) campaign plagued with injury and fatigue and Willian was simply fresher than the rest as he was a squad player during the 14/15 title win so he was able to look like a good player for once.

Willian was also a squad player during the 2016/17 campaign under Conte. In truth he's never been an important player when Chelsea has won important titles. He's simply ridiculously inconsistent and one dimensional. Yes he has some flair, yes he's a solid dribbler. But ultimately, he has only one move. He freezes his defender on the by-line then all of a sudden accelerates and uses his pace to whip in crosses. Surely there are other relatively less known, lower profile players Barcelona can use as squad players for the right wing?

What's even worse is that judging from what I've seen and heard, Valverde obviously doesn't trust Dembele and signing Willian means Dembele is even further alienated despite he fact that the Frenchman is a thousand times more talented than Willian and actually a much better player right now.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

For me personally, ok, Willian is not the best player in the world.
But if we forget the price, I would personally rather have Willian than a current Dembele.
For me, a current Dembele is almost a player whom we can't use in our possession football, plus he is an inexperienced kid with weird onfield decisions.

Willian has a way lower ceiling than Dembele, but he has reached his ceiling and his level is very good.
Dembele has a higher ceiling but nobody knows whether he will ever fulfill his potential or whether he will come even close to it.

One more time, look at his video, he needs less open space than Dembele and he can be quite good against parked buses:

One more thing, Willian is experienced.
He can defend a lot (plus he is good in attack).
He seems to be more lethal than Dembele in terms of finishing.
Plus, he is more suitable for a possession football.
With Willian, I have a feeling that he can control the ball in tight spaces and play ACCURATE shortpasses around the box and 1-2s.
With Dembele, you never know whether he will fuck up even the simplest 2-meter pass. Not to mention his weird/bad first touch.
Also, it seems that the coaching stuff wants to add longshots as our weapon against parked buses, and now we'll have Messi, Coutinho and Willian.

One more things, when Messi was 19-20 years old in 2005/2006 season, when a season started, we had:
LW Ronaldinho
CF Etoo
RW Guily
And RW Messi, Lw-Cf-Rw Larsson and Lw-Rw Ezquerro.

Messi started as a 5th choice behind Guily and Larsson.
But young Messi played so well that he took a RW spot by the end of a season.
He was so good that Larsson left the club right away in a summer of 2006.
Guily didn't want to be a benchwarmer and left a team in 2007.
And Ezquerro left a team in 2008.

So, basically, Messi "killed" all players who played at his position.
With Dembele, not only that he didn't "kill" his opponents, but EV rather played Gomes, Paulinho, Vidal, Roberto on his position.
And even now, he wants to add even Willian at his position.

So, we have 2 options:
1. a coach and the coaching stuff is blind, and Dembele is a pure gold
2. they see Dembele on training grounds each day, and they decided that Willian is a better player

Listen guys i'm a CFC fan who watches every game. It truly defies logic how any team let alone might Barcelona is attempting to pay 50 + million for Willian. Even in todays absurd transfer window, Willian is worth 30-35 million max.

Did you watch Dembele every week at Barca?

** Why does Willian has 62 caps for Brazil then?
Their coaches and scouts are dumb also?

I mean, Brazil has 100s of technical players with pace and dribbles?
Why picking this "fraud" then?

Last edited:

George_Costanza

so Dembele is worse than average?

Only if you like Mourinho's style of football were players like Paulinho and Willian considered WC and better than Dembele or Mbappe.

Don't you have scouts? Don't you see the games? Did your scouts only scout the matches from February-March of 2018 because realistically speaking, Willian was hot garbage for the other 80% of the season. Like unplayable bad. Willian is a player that plays well in about 30% of games he plays during a season. In the other 70% of games he's like an abomination.

This is pretty consistent with his 5 year Chelsea career bar one season (2015/16) in which he was somewhat consistent but that was partly because Mourinho had run all our best players to the ground in the previous title (2014/15) campaign plagued with injury and fatigue and Willian was simply fresher than the rest as he was a squad player during the 14/15 title win so he was able to look like a good player for once.

Willian was also a squad player during the 2016/17 campaign under Conte. In truth he's never been an important player when Chelsea has won important titles. He's simply ridiculously consistent and one dimensional. Yes he has some flair, yes he's a solid dribbler. But ultimately, he has only one move. He freezes his defender on the by-line then all of a sudden accelerates and uses his pace to whip in crosses. Surely there are other relatively less known, lower profile players Barcelona can use as squad players for the right wing?

What's even worse is that judging from what I've seen and heard, Valverde obviously doesn't trust Dembele and signing Willian means Dembele is even further alienated despite he fact that the Frenchman is a thousand times more talented than Willian.

giphy.gif

james baldwin

Did you watch Dembele every week at Barca?

If Dembele is so bad sell him while his value is still high. You can recoup a lot of money and not waste money on Willian. Trust me on this Willian is not very good. There's a reason why he's one of the least popular players at Chelsea. He's mediocre at best. It's actually pretty insane why Barca is looking at him.

El Flaco

Willian was also a squad player during the 2016/17 campaign under Conte. In truth he's never been an important player when Chelsea has won important titles. He's simply ridiculously consistent and one dimensional. Yes he has some flair, yes he's a solid dribbler. But ultimately, he has only one move. He freezes his defender on the by-line then all of a sudden accelerates and uses his pace to whip in crosses. Surely there are other relatively less known, lower profile players Barcelona can use as squad players for the right wing?

What's even worse is that judging from what I've seen and heard, Valverde obviously doesn't trust Dembele and signing Willian means Dembele is even further alienated despite he fact that the Frenchman is a thousand times more talented than Willian.

Yeah. I think most people here share the same opinion regarding Willian.

JamDav1982

If Dembele is so bad sell him while his value is still high. You can recoup a lot of money and not waste money on Willian. Trust me on this Willian is not very good. There's a reason why he's one of the least popular players at Chelsea. He's mediocre at best. It's actually pretty insane why Barca is looking at him.

Willian had a good season 17/18 not just for a few months.

He would improve Barcas squad and Dembele should have nothing to worry about if he is performing well enough.

james baldwin

Willian had a good season 17/18 not just for a few months.

He would improve Barcas squad and Dembele should have nothing to worry about if he is performing well enough.

Thank you for educating me on the team I watch week in week out lol. Wilian didn't have a good season. He played well for 2 months. But if you want to spend 60 million on him then we'll gladly accept it and maybe use it as extra cash to sign Fekir.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Only if you like Mourinho's style of football were players like Paulinho and Willian considered WC and better than Dembele or Mbappe.

No you were saying Willian is average and Dembele will get benched which would mean Dembele is worse than average.

If Dembele is better than average, he will start.

jairzinho

The 4-4-2 is Valverde's bread and butter. That alone explains his obsession with getting the club to sign a player like Willian. Basically a functional wide player.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Thank you for educating me on the team I watch week in week out lol. Wilian didn't have a good season. He played well for 2 months. But if you want to spend 60 million on him then we'll gladly accept it and maybe use it as extra cash to sign Fekir.

I'm very sure you didn't watch very many games. Most Chelsea fans I know love Willian and want to keep him, hell your new manager badly wants to keep Willian. Willian also has a very high standing among CFC players as he was voted players' player of the year for Chelsea. And no, Chelsea wouldn't gladly accept 60 million. In fact Barcelona already offered that and CFC declined. So don't put out false information out here.

henias

BBZ, a few clips with dance euphoric music doesnt change the fact how painfully inconsistent this guy is. This guy isnt a huge influential player during CFC's league winning season as someone here has said it. He does have pace, some shooting and tracking back that's basically all. Definitely not better at tight spaces as well.

I really dont mind him as a bench player but EV sees him as a big part of the team but unfortunately, I dont see how this guy get to start in CFC, let alone in a team like Barca.

I also dont see 442 as a main formation for Barca, it's way too rigid to even play possession football.

Home of Barca Fans