Willian

Messi983

Roberto, Coutinho or others can always jump in if both are injured.

I just don't see a point of getting a player that was never Barca quality and is now past his prime. Terribly incosistent plus taking up non-eu spot.

You've probably said the same about Paulinho last year.

Coutinho is also not imune to injuries and Roberto is a starting RB as of now. I think we absolutely need more depth in attack.

TitoTata

Banned
Roberto, Coutinho or others can always jump in if both are injured.

I just don't see a point of getting a player that was never Barca quality and is now past his prime. Terribly incosistent plus taking up non-eu spot.

To be fair he's playing as well as ever and is regarded as anything but inconsistent... by the Chelsea fans

TitoTata

Banned
So you would have a proven injury prone player backing up a potentially injury prone player? I think one of the reasons we're interested in Willian is because he's a workhorse. According to TM he has missed only 3 games (last season) in his 5 years at Chelsea because of the injury.
Also to his credit he's one of the few who kept on playing consistently well during Jose's disastrous season where most of the squad went MIA including the much lauded Hazard who went from the league's Player of the season but did nothing the next year when Jose lost the dressing room

TitoTata

Banned
Chelsea fans, really?

This is their actual reaction posted by Chelsea fans

[tw]1020781917137002498[/tw]

Well they voted him their player of the season not long ago ( in a team featuring some half decent players including Hazard )

I hate Chelsea so I'd be chuffed if they lose Willian , Hazard and maybe even Kante in one transfer window .

They won't be larfing then :)

George_Costanza

Well they voted him their player of the season not long ago ( in a team featuring some half decent players including Hazard )

I hate Chelsea so I'd be chuffed if they lose Willian , Hazard and maybe even Kante in one transfer window .

They won't be larfing then :)

Player of the season is Kante NOT Willian! He was voted Players player of the season which is totally different. Most teams don't even have this award so not that important.

BBZ8800

Dembele is already better than Willian in everything other than defending. Is that alone worth 70+ mil? Should we play him over Dembele? Or is Willian a 30 years old 70 mil sub?

All in all i just can't understand this. We are not PSG or ManCity, we don't have unlimited money so we should finally start to spend it smarter instead of just paying 200% for every player we like.

Willian is a good addition but we just burn money for the sake of it at this point. Unless we already have some shady deal with his agent and a Chinese club paying us 50+ for him in 1-2 years this will be a huge waste and tbh how i see Valverde it could even cost us Dembeles development no matter how good the kid plays because Ernesto seems to favor safety first and Dembele will never be a defender or have Willians work rate so i can understand people worrying about that. Ter Stegen was also good enough to start since he arrived, Bravo was never the better GK but we still played Bravo instead (strangely enough the limited games we gave Mats werre the most important games) and then "suddenly" ter Stegen became a beast once he was a regular starter in la liga + CL but that was not a surprising step it was us stalling his development with the limited playing time before and i can see it end up like that with Dembele too.

Current Dembele is not a better player than Willian.

You are mention a case of Mats, regarding Dembele.
What if Dembele will suck even after 100s of chances, like Rafinha, Bojan, Bartra, Munir, Adama, Halil etc

There are guys who improve once when you give them chances.
And there are guys who stay the same.

We don't know which one of those two will be Dembele's case.

Playing time doesn't equal linear and predictable development.

Raketa10

Don't think 30-35 is good price either. He isn't good enough to be starter so what's the point.

It's like you see a shirt on sale. Do you buy it just because it's cheaper eventhough you don't need it?

Would much rather keep Rafinha as backup winger and keep playing Dembele.

30-35 is a very good price for Willian and Dembele playing has nothing to do with Willian. Dembele playing time depends on Dembele alone. If he can not prove himself with or without Willian here than he doesn't deserve shit. Was Xavi granted with a place in starting 11? Was Iniesta? Messi? Pedro? He has to fight for his place and that's the ONLY right path for him! This is Barcelona not some mid table team. If you came here you have to know you'll have world class teammates around you! If Paco was paid 30 mil as a back-up striker 35 mil for Willian as a backup winger is a steal.

And please stop with that Rafinha nonsense he was never good as some people here want him to be. His upper limit is far bellow Barca level, not to mention he is not a winger.

Player of the season is Kante NOT Willian! He was voted Players player of the season which is totally different. Most teams don't even have this award so not that important.

Yeah what do bunch of professional footballers know about football?! :lol:

Last edited:

Devils

[tw]1021367561848541187[/tw]

Rafael Hernandez is a miserable cunt. But the fact that he denies the bids makes me believe there is truth behind it because he is usually the first one to use big money media rumors to spew his propaganda against the Barca.

BBZ8800

Is his agent the same as Oscar/Hulk as well?

We could sell him to China in 2 years' time, perhaps...

He's a good player, and would have a role here but not for this much money. It's insanity.

We'd have been better off pinching Douglas Costa off of Juve if we're looking for a true speed demon that just obliterates defensive lines at will.

Looking at Willian's stats for the past few seasons, at least he gets double digits in goals and assists despite being mostly a work-horse. He's got pace, close control, dribbling ability too. But I can't help but feel we need better, especially if that means we're sticking to the dreadful 4-4-2 at the cost of Dembele's minutes on top of that.

Regarding Douglas.
Why is Willian a starter in Brazil over mighy Douglas?
I know... Tite is an idiot, or Tite likes workhorses Paulinho, Casemiro, winger-workhorse Willian.

Also, if Douglas is so good, why has Bayern let him go?
Let me guess... they are idiots.

So, Willian, Nt starter and Chelsea starter sucks.
But we should buy Martial, Lemar, Malcom, Douglas or rely on Arthur, Dembele, Thiago, all of them are either NOT Nt players or benchwarmers in Nt teams.

Can someone explain to me this new obssession with both:
1. Young, unproven, inexperienced and risky players
2. And a new "thing": overrating players who can't play for their Nt teams (Dembele, Thiago, Arthur, Semedo lol, Douglas, Malcom, Lemar, Martial) and trashing Nt guys like Willian, Rakitic etc.

If we would listen to our forum and turn to Malcoms, Lemars, Dembeles and Douglas Costas, we would soon sink to Arsenal's level or to Liverpool's level from 3-4-5 years ago.

I don't know is it Fifa, Pes, Football manager or Youtube, but I don't know when majority lost any objectivity.

Douglas Costa, Martial, Malcom and Bailey as Barca's starters.
We would sooo end as 6th or 7th placed in EPL with these signings lol.
Good old Uefa cup level.

BBZ8800

I'm ok with this if it's true

[tw]1021307628507619329[/tw]

Bear in mind that Md are Barto's papers and they are working for Barca.

So, more likely:
Barca wants Willian
Chelsea are asking 75m
That is too much, but we are desperate, so now Barto told MD to write this to try to scare off Chelsea.
If Chelsea will lower a price to 60, 65 or 70=goal accomplished.

Also, Md will probably now write: Barca considering other options (insert a random player), again to scare Chelsea and to lower a price for 5-10m.

We have learned that when Md says that someone will buy Marlon for 15 that they are justing pumping up his price.
This thing with Willian is the same thing in the opposite direction.

So, probably just a lie.
We'll buy him for 60-75m.

Home of Barca Fans