Willian

FC433

Let us be honest we need an attacker that we can rely on. If we play

Suarez Messi Dembele
Coutinho Busquets Rakitic

we will not have a decent attacking sub. I would take him for 30m. Unfortunately, we do not have other options on the market. There is Lozano, but he is not what we need. We need someone who can make a difference and has some experience. I would love Mandžukić though.

Willian, Mandžukić and Perišić are going to cost more than 50m unfortunately.

I would like to hear what you guys recommend? who do you think we should get?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is he even available for that? Would take at least 20-30M more.

He's probably not.

I would not sign any winger right now for 100m+ unless it's Hazard, Salah or anyone like that.

Apparently Chelsea will try to sign Fekir to replace Willian if he's sold. Why cannot we do that instead? A 25 year old player with a fantastic record that can develop even more?

Will cost less. Won't take up a Non-EU spot. A goalscorer and a creator.

Not to forget this:

“In my head, I have many dreams. I will not talk about them all immediately,” he told L’Equipe. “I want to do my best for Lyon and then join a big club – that’s my goal.
“My favourite team is Barcelona, but I’m aware that much work is needed. To play for Barcelona one day is my dream.”

Lyon President Aulas and Bartomeu are also friends according to the former and he's known to facilitate transfers of his players to the clubs they dream playing for, even for less money as in Umtiti's case.

We can play him as an attacking mid or as a winger or even as a false 9 and if it doesn't work out long-term we can still sell him for a high fee to the PL as he's a very talented player entering his prime.

Last edited:

FC433

^ Fekir would not want to be a bench player. I believe the board is looking for someone who is willing to sit on the bench; therefore, we are targeting 30s players. Someone that we can sub in intense games without worrying, someone who does not need time to adapt. Such as these features are only can be found in 30s players.

Examples: Larsson and Paulinho

I think Willian is a great player "for what we need" he is fast, experienced, hardworking, excellent-dribbler. There are only two issues. 1- he is expensive and 2- he can only play as a RW.

However, there is only one fact and that is we need an attacker who does not need time to adapt and can make an instant impact. I would like to see some suggestions?

Trickykid

Let us be honest we need an attacker that we can rely on. If we play

Suarez Messi Dembele

we will not have a decent attacking sub. I would take him for 30m. Unfortunately, we do not have other options on the market. There is Lozano, but he is not what we need. We need someone who can make a difference and has some experience. I would love Mandžukić though.

Willian, Mandžukić and Perišić are going to cost more than 50m unfortunately.

I would like to hear what you guys recommend? who do you think we should get?

The main problem I have with signing Willian is the fact that it pushes Dembélé even further away from the starting XI. If we signed someone at half that fee, there's still a chance that Dembélé would be seen as starter materiale. If we sign 80m Willian, then it's a clear indication that we don't trust Ousmane. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I still believe he has the talent to make it here.

I honestly have no idea who to sign, though.

FC433

The main problem I have with signing Willian is the fact that it pushes Dembélé even further away from the starting XI. If we signed someone at half that fee, there's still a chance that Dembélé would be seen as starter materiale. If we sign 80m Willian, then it's a clear indication that we don't trust Ousmane. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I still believe he has the talent to make it here.

I honestly have no idea who to sign, though.

That is a concern indeed. But if we take a look at our squad, I think we are bringing him as a sub. Take a look at our game against Roma. We literally did not have anyone to sub other than Dembele. That is why I think we are targeting Willian. In CL games we need someone that can actually do something, and unfortunately, I cannot see Lozano and other young players doing that.

+ The reason that we are not trying to get young players is that we are relying on Dembele. I am not sure if my point is clear. I was against getting Willian, but now I see the board's point.

We do not want someone who has potential because we have Dembele, but rather we need someone who is willing to be a sub and yet can make an impact without needing time to adapt. Does that make sense?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
80m for a bench player is mind blowing. 80m for a 30 year old to replace and push out our talented young player who had 1 injury riddled season would be even more stupid. Either way, it makes no sense whatsoever.

FC433

^ absolutely right. 80m is way too much and I doubt the board is willing to pay such fee.

Imagine we are playing against Juve in the quarter-final and we are down 2-1

Suarez Messi Dembele
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo

Bench: Paco, D. Suarez, Roberto, Arthur, Alena, Ver, JC

El Gato

Villarato!
I mean, surely this discussion over Willian is completely bogus and fueled SOLELY for the purpose of filling empty air, because nothing big is on the transfer market horizon. The only big story to latch onto is the Hazard-Courtois stuff and Chelsea are zipping up about it in effort to discourage Madrid from putting in a stupidly reckless high bid that would render them toothless.

This Willian thing is bogus guys. Don't look into it.

If true though.......... :lol:

George_Costanza

I don't think this transfer makes sense from business and sporting perspectives. There are so many better options for 80m.

Like I said before, the same guy behind Paulinho transfer is pushing for this. Some people using this club to get richer.

giphy.gif

Trickykid

That is a concern indeed. But if we take a look at our squad, I think we are bringing him as a sub. Take a look at our game against Roma. We literally did not have anyone to sub other than Dembele. That is why I think we are targeting Willian. In CL games we need someone that can actually do something, and unfortunately, I cannot see Lozano and other young players doing that.

+ The reason that we are not trying to get young players is that we are relying on Dembele. I am not sure if my point is clear. I was against getting Willian, but now I see the board's point.

We do not want someone who has potential because we have Dembele, but rather we need someone who is willing to be a sub and yet can make an impact without needing time to adapt. Does that make sense?

Yeah, I think it makes sense. I just can't really come to terms with the part about signing a 80m backup.
I don't mind Willian, and I could see how he would be a good squad player, but if we actually splash 80m on him, then we're obviously making compromises in other areas of the squad such as the cm position.

I like your take on the whole why don't we just sign someone younger then question in regards to Dembélé, but I'm not so sure that EV sees it the same way, and I could see Willian cementing the spot as his own for the season if he does well in the beginning and Dembélé doesn't. You could argue that's a fair scenario, but if we're to trust the Frenchman in the long run, then he will need to play consistently and learn from his mistakes.

Joan

I don't think this transfer makes sense from business and sporting perspectives. There are so many better options for 80m.

Like I said before, the same guy behind Paulinho transfer is pushing for this. Some people using this club to get richer.

giphy.gif

Mr. Trophy Cabinet?

FC433

Yeah, I think it makes sense. I just can't really come to terms with the part about signing a 80m backup.
I don't mind Willian, and I could see how he would be a good squad player, but if we actually splash 80m on him, then we're obviously making compromises in other areas of the squad such as the cm position.

I like your take on the whole why don't we just sign someone younger then question in regards to Dembélé, but I'm not so sure that EV sees it the same way, and I could see Willian cementing the spot as his own for the season if he does well in the beginning and Dembélé doesn't. You could argue that's a fair scenario, but if we're to trust the Frenchman in the long run, then he will need to play consistently and learn from his mistakes.

Again you are making an excellent point. What if Willian performs better than Dembele, which is expected in first few weeks? That is going to be a huge issue.

I do not believe that the board is willing to pay 80m, but unfortunately, I can see them paying 60m "still way too much". However, CFC does not have a replacement. It is going to be interesting.

Home of Barca Fans